Wish I Had A Rear Camera....

drfeelgood73

Well, there i was heading out for my first long distance run in the car, Banff to Yorkshire, a cheeky little 470 mile drive. Decided to leave about 9pm and enjoy the clear open roads.

The nights stops all planned with the vpower garages on route....All the tunes ready....

Just got south of Glasgow, trundling away on cruise control with 73 on the digi clock, and 72 on the sat nav......

Eased out to pass a couple of lorry's and noticed one of those well lit police car bays at the side of the road being occupied by a marked police estate car, lights on .......

Thought nothing of it as i passed the lorry,s, but had one of those sneaking suspicions, and as i started to move back into the inside lane i noticed him pull out.......

Anyway, this mad ****er came flying up the back of me with headlights on full beam, blinding the hell out of me, all mirrors ablaze, and shadow of the car being projected about 30 yards down the road in front of me....He was so close i was tempted to offer him a sweety.....The thought of whether to hit the brakes or give him the finger crossede my mind, but instead flipped the mirror a couple of times so maybe he would get the message about blinding me....

He held there for about a mile.... with his lights on full beam....before easing back to about 1/2 mile and just tailed me for another 3 miles....

I wish i had a rear camera to have recorded it ......

Dont know whether he was trying to get me to put the foot down or what, but he certainly made me lose concentration on the road ahead........

Has it really come down to these arseholes going out of there way to try and cause accidents now because they are bored. I didnt think they were allowed to put the foot down like that without the blues on..... Cause he must have hit a ton plus to catch up with me the way he did.....

Apart from that and my sat nav taking me cross country, the car ran like a dream, averaging 32.7 mpg over the distance....... well happy with that.....

He was probably on the way to another call, but not wanting to use B&Ts. I'd have just got out of his way ASAP tbh.

I doubt it. They try to do it when I'm going home at 3am. Dual carrigeway me in the slow lane. I cant see its a police car but the closer they get the more I slow down. When the finally pull you over and ask why you did that its what I was taught when I learnt to drive. They dont argue and give some crappy excuse why they was so close and then go.

Edited by Dblock

I've had the same thing. Didn't know it was a police car. I tried slowing down, still stuck right up my rear end,I then tried to pull away and in came the lights.

Once pulled over I got the usual "do you know why I stopped you?" To which I answered yes, I then explained that I felt threatened when at 2am I had a car sat right up my arse no matter if I sped up or slowed down and was trying to get away.

I got a caution. I'm sure most Road traffic police are fine but some of them seem to almost verge on entrapment with the way they operate, sadly, if you're in a powerful sports car they sea to think its a sure fire result that you will speed.

Yeah, I'm sure that's it. Must be bored and feels like sitting up the arse of a 350Z. What other possible explanation for it could there be?

Some of us live in Scotland not crime infested engerland. Plus its not even that bad in the 350z. When I had my 172 or 106 they where even worse. I can remember being stopped nearly everyday one week in my 172.

most traffic police probably fine but without doubt there are some total idiot police out there. If possible report the incident although don't know if anything would be done. police are only human and that unfortunately means some bad examples.