Yes, another offset question...

14N

Hi All,

I've just got me a used set of 19 inch wheels and tyres courtesy of a forum member and just had a couple of queries regarding offset and spacers.

The front are ET20 and the rear are ET40. I have a set of 20/25mm spacers and I figure if I fit the 20mm to the rear 19's and do not fit any to the front, this will give me ET20 all round.

Tyre sizes for ref are: F 235/35-19 and R 275/30-19.

Thecar is currently running standard shocks and needs hitting with the lowering stick, but this will be done with the 17mm/15mm Tein springs, but not for a while.

My question really is, how will it look (offset wise) with the 19's and an ET20 all round? I could always put the 25mm on the rear to give it ET20 front, ET15 rear if that's better (if my understanding of offsets is correct)?

Cheers, Ian

Your speedo will be over reading slightly with those tyres and the rear being smaller than the front may cause traction control issues. You really want 275/35/19 on the rear.

Offsets depend on the width of the wheel as well, but et20 should be ok, will be a lot better than et40 anyway.

Indeed, strange tyre sizes.

Most common are 245/45/19 and 275/35/19 - these work nicely with the TC.

ET20 all round works well with those tyres sizes - it's what we mostly do for them :)

Typo I'm sure - 245/35/19 - 275/35/19

Ive said it before and no doubt will again, offset figures are irrelevant without widths. If the wheels are 8J the relative offset on ET20 will be 25mm further in than where it would be on a 10J, you need to figure that bit out before looking at spacers. :)

ET20 all round works well with those tyres sizes - it's what we mostly do for them :)

The numbers you've just said still result in an uneven rolling radius between front and rear axles.

The numbers you've just said still result in an uneven rolling radius between front and rear axles.

This is the OEM size for the 19" Nismo's so the best size you can get for 19" wheels.

What are the wheel widths mate?

I would definitely get the correct tyre sizes too!

Thanks for the replies guys.

The wheels are 19 x8 front and 19 x9.5 rear and the wheel and tyre package was originally supplied to the member I bought them off by one of the very well respected traders on here. Not sure why the 'odd' tyre sizes were provided (they're Falken's), but I'm sure there was a good reason.

The wheels are currently sat in the garage at the moment, waiting for the weather to improve so I can fit them (they have a chrome lip, so won't mix well with the grit/salt/crappy road conditions we have at the moment).

It's gonna be a suck it and see exercise I think - whatever it takes to make them look right, well, so be it. I'm sure with ET20 on the front and some spacers on the rear, so ET15-20, they'll be fine :)

I'll post some pics and await comments once they're on :teeth::stir:

8J ET20 is weak, TBH, you could arguably get away with spacing the front by 20mm and still be OK.

1300689571.jpg

Thats a 19x9 ET20 with a 245/35 tyre ....... the back is 19x10 ET20 with a 265/30. The front is effectively 13mm further spaced than you are proposing, the rear is 6mm :)

Edited by docwra