Daytime Running Lights......

marconorth

Had a look at previous posts Re options for 370z FRONT DRL's but info seems quite scant!

I saw these by Greddy that looked ok >>

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?make=NISSAN&model=370Z&year=2009%2B&level1=EXTERIOR+STYLING&level2=BULBS&level3=LED+LIGHTING+KITS&id_product=5980

Interested to hear opinions & any other recommendations (& links to them) you may have please?

Ciao

Marco

Just fitted the latest Philips to mine. Pics to follow at the weekend. I think GReddy discontinued their set. The Philips ones are the continuous light type similar to those fitted to the 2012 Audis so you don't see the individual LEDs just a continuous bar of light.

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/car-lamps/led-daylightguide-drl-12-v-6-w-12825wledx1/prd/

I fitted them under number plate just inside the fangs. You need to have the front fascia off then run the cables back to the battery compartment where you can site the control box. You the need to splice into the headlight wiring so they can dim to night mode when the lights are on to stop you blinding people. They're properly bright!

Edited by TheMacDaddy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

GUNS is now similarly adorned - with many thanks to glrnet today for the fitting, together with some white 501's LED sidelights and number plate lights :)

And thanks to the MacDaddy for the inspiration and fitting advice - particularly the right wire to splice into :thumbs:

Sidelights only:

P1080647_zps000f16d8.jpg

sidelights with running lights - very bright!:

P1080654_zps7f19e2d2.jpg

Headlights on which dim the running lights:

P1080650_zpse3bb13d3.jpg

And a 20 second delay on switching off the lights - very handy.

P1080655_zps85d5ae06.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not feeling these either I'm afraid. They look too "stuck on" like when Taxi drivers head down to halfords and whollop them on. If they were somewhere headlight related I'm sure they'd look better.

I will say they look VERY bright, if people don't see you, they must be blind!!

Good effort with forum love and all........:clap:

I'm not feeling these either I'm afraid. They look too "stuck on" like when Taxi drivers head down to halfords and whollop them on. If they were somewhere headlight related I'm sure they'd look better.

I will say they look VERY bright, if people don't see you, they must be blind!!

Good effort with forum love and all........:clap:

Yeah I think I agree :sorry: Colin....

As with everything each to their own, if I was going to have running lights I would have them in the headlights :thumbs:

Knowing Papa it will have been a very professional job B)