370z compared with 350z for the odd trackday?

FooFighter

I guess like a number of 350z owners I look at 370z's and think about changing to the newer model. The thing is I enjoy using my 276 model 350z for the odd trackday. Yes its a bit heavy etc. but I really enjoyed driving out to the Ring in it last year, doing some laps and then cruising back in comfort. How does the 370z compare on track? For example, I've read references to oil-cooling issues with the 370z but that was on a US website and it was clear from what I read whether it is a real problem or not. Anyone got any experiences to share?

I've only taken the 370 on track once (Knockhill) - enjoyed every minute but then I didn't use the previous 350's on track so I can't compare. Brakes, suspension etc all OEM.

But I did keep a very keen eye on the oil temp and was out a max of 8 laps before pitting for a cool down (including the driver :lol: )

But I did enjoy catching and passing a certain red, HR engined 350 that was out on the track at the same time :D

Ooh you rotter!

I'm claiming "insufficient racing experience" from my Racing Drivers Book of Excuses!

The biggest eye opener was going out with Daz, he was much faster everywhere despite only a few laps experience at Knockers, just from being a track regular elsewhere.

Ooh you rotter!

I'm claiming "insufficient racing experience" from my Racing Drivers Book of Excuses!

The biggest eye opener was going out with Daz, he was much faster everywhere despite only a few laps experience at Knockers, just from being a track regular elsewhere.

Didnt help having a passenger that got you black flagged either :blush::surrender:

Ooh you rotter!

You've got a red hr? Didn't realise they did the hr in red! :cloud9:

Have you any links to pics? For my private collection. :innocent:

Ooh you rotter!

You've got a red hr? Didn't realise they did the hr in red! :cloud9:

Have you any links to pics? For my private collection. :innocent:

I suppose you can't see the bonnet in my sig, but I thought you would have twigged by now! You need to check the forum list better: http://www.350z-uk.c...0z/#entry554958

;)

IMG_1743.jpg

Thanks for the responses guys. Interestingly, there is an article in Evo this month about £15k used coupes which gives further food for thought.

Very apt to see Andrew's lovely red HR on this thread. I remember seeing it in the metal at Cadwell Park.

Ed

Thanks for the responses guys. Interestingly, there is an article in Evo this month about £15k used coupes which gives further food for thought.

Very apt to see Andrew's lovely red HR on this thread. I remember seeing it in the metal at Cadwell Park.

Ed

:wave: Hello there then mate! That was a great day, remember this?

IMAG0208.jpg