Pop charger refitted with polished intake pipe

Gudzy

Now the snow has all but disappeared I thought I'd get my pop charger back now after getting a polished intake pipe from thriftyfifty.

photo-23.jpg

I love the roar of the pop charger, its a bit louder than the k&n typhoon it's replaced (which should be for sale shortly).

Looking really good buddy just need an orange washer bottle cap now ;)

Absolutely, that's on the agenda.

There's also a chrome cap with a zed logo on top so that's another option.

Chrome Would go With the power steering and header tank better I think

Wow nice bay! I have been researching induction kits and have been struggling on what to decide, whether to keep the original airbox and replace the standard filter with a high flow filter, to invest in a pop charger or maybe a K&N Typhoon. I do not expect performance gains but I am after a bit of a growl and certainly do not want a substantial power loss. May I ask why you replaced the Typhoon with the pop charger? Also am I right in thinking the Typoon is CAI?

Thanks

Chris

The typhoon is a CAI kit but I never got round to getting the cold air part installed, which was one of the reasons I thought it best to take it off and sell it on as I wasn't making proper use of it.

I bought the car with the pop charger installed but when the typhoon came up for sale on here I bought it for the polished intake pipe as much as anything else, not realising it wasn't possible to use the k&n pipe with the pop charger (without modification at least) so I swapped them over but found the k&n a little quieter which wasn't to my liking and so I kept the pop charger in case I wanted to for it again. When I saw a polished intake pipe for sale recently I snapped that up so it meant I could fit the pop charger again and there was a pair of orange samco hoses going cheap on eBay that matched well.

If I was buying new I wouldn't have bothered, there isn't that much difference in the 2 really. Both are louder than standard.