HIDs

x20drb

Anything above about 6500k will be worse than the standard bulb, the more blue in the light the less light will be reflected. Although many think it looks better. B)

The K figures have nothing to do with light output, just the colour of the light. I suspect that as the stock bulb is 4500k and white light is 5000k that your not gonna get any better unless you can get 5000k bulbs.

Colour Temp (K) Colour Description: 3000k Yellow light (suitable for fog lights) 4300k White light with tinges of yellow. 5000K: PURE WHITE LIGHT. 6000K: White light with tinges of blue 8000K: Distinct blue color light 10000K: Bluish-green light 12000K: Bluish-purplish light.

Any improvement? I'm probably going to raise my headlamp level this weekend as the through compared to my Jeep is stupidly short.

Unfortunately you will never get a low to the ground sports car with shaped headlights to be anywhere near as good as a higher sitting car with headlights sitting at 90deg to the road. It's just not gonna happen with the angles involved.

Funny enough, the Zed is has the best headlights of any car I've owned. :blush:

turned out it wasnt such a tough job after all!

Looks good to me, considering doing this at same time as sidelights, any trouble with the bulbs so far??

And how blue are they, especially from afar? I'm assuming the photos dont do them justice?

Anything above about 6500k will be worse than the standard bulb, the more blue in the light the less light will be reflected. Although many think it looks better. B)

The K figures have nothing to do with light output, just the colour of the light. I suspect that as the stock bulb is 4500k and white light is 5000k that your not gonna get any better unless you can get 5000k bulbs.

Colour Temp (K) Colour Description: 3000k Yellow light (suitable for fog lights) 4300k White light with tinges of yellow. 5000K: PURE WHITE LIGHT. 6000K: White light with tinges of blue 8000K: Distinct blue color light 10000K: Bluish-green light 12000K: Bluish-purplish light.

Any improvement? I'm probably going to raise my headlamp level this weekend as the through compared to my Jeep is stupidly short.

Unfortunately you will never get a low to the ground sports car with shaped headlights to be anywhere near as good as a higher sitting car with headlights sitting at 90deg to the road. It's just not gonna happen with the angles involved.

Funny enough, the Zed is has the best headlights of any car I've owned. :blush:

I don't find the Zed lights that bad... You are never gonna get RR type distance and output as you are so low :shrug:

I increased the throw of the headlamps yesterday evening and it has made a big improvement and doesn't appear to be dazzling anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember fitting just bulbs to my RX300 and it had HID for dipped and normal bulbs for

main beam and all i did was change the bulb on the main beam to HID bulbs.

My son has just changed the bulbs in his Golf Mk4 to HID bulbs...im now confused..!!!

You are probably thinking of Xenon filled bulbs which are different to HID's. HID's need appropriate ballast resistors to make them work as they work at a stupidly high voltage,

• 2 weeks later...

Correct.

And anything above 8000k will get you pulled over and is an MOT fail ;)

I've got 10k and dont have any police or MOT problems.

Odd, it all really falls under MOT laws. Its not illegal per-se, but its likely to fail and youre likely to get stopped by the police, but then if the car looks like its supposed to have HID's, like ours do, they may think its not worth the effort and leave alone.

I personally stick with 6000k, and even these are bad in heavy rain/snow, i cant imagine what 10,000k would be like!