HIDs

x20drb

Hi guys, not sure if this is really obvious, but on my 05 GT do i have hids?

if so can i change the bulb or something to make them more white?

Cheers

Wjen you turn them on do they flicker very slightly first, before appearing to warm up and get brighter? Is so they're HIDs.

If you have them you can buy bulbs off eBay for about £9 each. You need to buy D2R bulbs, and you just need to increase the colour temperature. I think the standard bulbs are only 4300k which are very yellow. I have 10000k in my car and they are perfect white, but i might try 12000k next time for a bit more of a bluish tint.

Hi I have HID on dipped headlights, but looks like standard bulbs on Main Beam as very yellow, or am I dreaming..!!

No that is correct. If you have the pre facelift DE car, they have HID dipped beam and normal High beam. The facelift lights are BI-Xenon so are HID on both.

Thanks Sam. Mine is April 2006, so just missed out on been the face lift model. Can you fit Bi-Xenon to the pre-facelift ?. If so whats involved. Thanks.

Should be a straight swap but if you can find a pair for less than £800 then you're doing well.

Thanks Sam. Mine is April 2006, so just missed out on been the face lift model. Can you fit Bi-Xenon to the pre-facelift ?. If so whats involved. Thanks.

Should be a straight swap but if you can find a pair for less than £800 then you're doing well.

:pmzmanalex:

Just recieved the 10k bulbs i ordered, just popped my bonnet then...uh? no room round the back of the headlight to change the bulbs?

Any ideas? cant see any videos or guides to help? can it be that hard?

Hope someone can help!

There is a photo guide at the end of this link:

http://www.350z-tech...eplacement.html

Have you got a link to the bulbs you have purchased?

Hi mate, this is the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380336164638?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

hoping they are okay, will look at photo guide and have a crack as it asap

will hopefully post pics up of change to see how purpley they look!