Nurrish sat nav not working

agentdarkshadow

I realise nurrish is no longer on here but was wondering if anyone knows how to get uk maps showing again or better still where I can download new updated ones? Sat nav is 2 years old and car been used just 10 times (700miles) in that time. Battery went flat so might that have caused it to go wrong? It powers up ok but defaults to German maps or freezes

i saw one in action that was scanning for GPS, in the time it took to find a signal, i managed to put the postcode in my phone, my phone found it, i guided that person to the chinese which was 15 min away, went into the takeaway, collected and paid for the food and got back to the car and it only then just found a signal.

you couldn't have both GPS and MP3 run at the same time.

i've seen another where it had been spliced in to the cars harness, but no connectors were used, just the cable twisted on to a stripped wire, i don;t even think there was tape ontop.

I'm sure some people are happy with there's but from what i've seen and the price people paid, and how cheap all the parts are on ebay, i wouldn't be.

I had my Nurrish fitted in 2010 and it's worked perfectly well since then. The only minor problem is that the internal battery needs replacing, but it works fine off the car battery . Mine was one of the last that Dave fitted, I think it was a bit different than the earlier ones.

Pete

• 2 months later...

Anyone know where I can get the build instructions for "the cookout" system. I'll build and photograph the stages for the forum. Thanks

for the searchers, the forum name is cookbot not cookout

and the last I heard he went to Canada I think

Anyone know where I can get the build instructions for "the cookout" system. I'll build and photograph the stages for the forum. Thanks

for the searchers, the forum name is cookbot not cookout

and the last I heard he went to Canada I think

Correct :)

I have a Nurrish sat nav which cost quite a lot and was pretty adhoc (although worked), I've just spotted this: http://dx.com/p/7-0-lcd-windows-ce-5-0-mt3551-cpu-gps-navigator-with-usa-canada-maps-2gb-tf-card-51442 it's identical to the Nurrish sat nav, far better construction and fits into a modified cubby. By the ways it's about £75 with free delivery, the uk maps are free to download.