MILTEK vs INVIDIA

akewt

Hi

Can somebody tell me the main characteristics of these exhausts and if one is better than the other?

Abbey have told me I need to replace my existing OEM exhaust so think its a good opportunity to upgrade. Can't wait to here a new one in there.

Any info much appreciated.

Kev

Would be better if you said what you would expect from your new exhaust.

Do you want it loud?

Do you want it close to OEM sound?

Do you want standard style or true dual?

What other plans in regards to mods have you got planned in the future, because some exhausts may not be ideal should you choose to go FI.

Do you want it loud?

Do you want it close to OEM sound?

Do you want standard style or true dual?

What other plans in regards to mods have you got planned in the future, because some exhausts may not be ideal should you choose to go FI.

I would like it slightly louder than the oem.

A bit more agresive and low.

Not sure what style really.

I won't be doing many performance upgrades really apart from perhaps an intake and a remap. Prob rollbars but that's inconsequential.

Cheers

The Invidia Gemini Cat back exhaust is a true dual system which features an X pipe and the Miltek Cat back exhaust features a Y pipe. Having a true dual means you have 2 pipes coming from the manifold continuing into the mid pipes in the shape of an X to make it stronger on the middle and then through to the mufflers which makes it less restrictive than a Y pipe. A Y has 2 pipes from the manifold which then go into one onto the mid pipe back through to the mufflers. In theory you're meant to get better gains from a true dual as its less restrictive than a Y pipe.

Sound wise the 2 are in the mud range, but you can make both louder by adding HFC's or DeCats.

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Well, there are members that have both these exhausts, many swear by the Milltek.

The invidia as also a good piece of kit, just not chosen as often, it's also a true dual exhaust, in terms of sound I can't tell, cos I have only seen YouTube vids rather than real life.

Personally, I am kinda tempted by the Invidia Gemini true dual :)

• Like 1

Cheers guys. Plenty of food for thought there.

Abbey say they fit the Miltek for 350z's as a standard. Sure they will fit whatever but they have experience with it.

Couple of other questions. Will adding an intake help the exhaust at all? I heard it would do.

Also, how much will it affect my insurance?

my car with invidia Gemini, only vid I've got sorry

Does sound really nice, and not too loud when u don't want it to be.

TBH I don't think you can go wrong with either system.

Nice! I agree, both will be a good buy. Cheers for posting the vid dude B)

I'm in Surrey, if your're near by give me a shout, more than happy to let you have a listen Milltek and Berks HFC's :)

Hey glrnet. That would be awesome. Maybe one weekend day over the next few weekends I'll pop over. I'll give you a shout via pm. :D

Which insurance company are you with if you dont mind me asking?

I'm with cheapo elephant. I hadn't driven for about 2 years and lost 12 years NCB with tesco so went with a cheapo firm again.

Edited by akewt

We have tuned cars with both system's fitted.

The Invidia dual systems don't give the mid range torque like the Milltek we have noticed over the 4+ years we have been tuning these cars.

But both systems work well and sound well , the Invidia being a little more aggressive than the Milltek.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response Mark.

Looking forward to booking it in and getting one fitted. Most likely I will be going for the Milltek system.

When the numbers in my account look like they are behaving nicely i will be in contact. :D