Painting exhaust bungs

Robboo

Okay so following off my last thread

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/66227-japspeed-k1-question/#entry983226

Dblock mentioned painting the japspeed k1 bungs black to make it look as if the bungs arnt there (if that makes sense!). Now Ive decided this might be worth a go.

But how would I go about doing it? Would I need high temp paint I take it? And do you need to use primer with high temp paint or anything?

Any advice would be great :)

Cheers

Rob

You will need a high temp paint IMO, when you've found what you need follow the recommendation they give for different materials/primer/prep etc :)

BBQ spray paint. That's exactly what I used on my K1 bungs, and it came out perfect. I might even have given them a coat of acid etch primer first, but I can't remember now.

Thanks guys :), Ekona does it look good? Im after the look of the exhaust without the bungs but with the sound of them in!

BBQ spray paint. That's exactly what I used on my K1 bungs, and it came out perfect. I might even have given them a coat of acid etch primer first, but I can't remember now.

just make sure its not B&Q spray paint

just make sure its not B&Q spray paint

:lol:

Wait Im confused :lol: BBQ or B&Q :blush:

I did this on my k1 waaaay back! Used normal matt spray can paint from halfrauds after passing over lightly with grit paper. never cracked or came off.

Mind you my zed was tuned to run rich at the top on my UTEC so the exhaust cokes quite a bit and maintained the paint.