Hydro Dipping

Dicky

Just been to get a quote to wrap all the centre console parts from the gear leaver surround, the cubby cover up to the 3 gauge binicle at the top ( not including the Bose system)

The guy said wrapping was out as the plastic surfaces were dimpled and the wrap wouldn't adhere properly leaving air bubbles where the dimples are.

He suggested having the plastic bits hydro dipped.

Anyone had this done? Is it any good? And is he right about wrapping these bits? Cos I've read on here that others have had these bits wrapped?

• Like 1

its what i currently supply

if you have a look at rtcustomz on facebook you'll see all the work there, in one place, its oall on here as well, but i'd need to string together lots of threads.

issue with the centre console is that it needs a lot of prep before dipping, as you are spraying it. so dimpled surface or not it needs lots of prep. as for wrapping it the thick carbon like hexis ( i also supply covers the dimples well due to the texture. so no prep work needs doing, but if you use a plain colour like black, the dimples show through as the vinyl is thinner.

because can;t gaurentee a speed at which they will be done i tend to supply on a swap basis,

i.e i have the parts ge them dipped then sell them and customers send their old parts back to me. it means people aren;t with parts of their car missing, and i can get stuff produced in my own time frames, and not pressured from out side.

as for your side skirts, my rocker covers are about £100 each for dipping so skirts arent; going to be cheap to do, i can pm you a rough idea later if you like.