Anyone ran with vortech map?

The Chubby Ninja

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has ran their engine with the base map that is on the s/s vortech unit? Im buying the full kit in a couple of months and wanted to know if its safe to drive on the base map or id need to throw the car on a trailer and take it all the way down south to get it mapped or i could drive it down if it was safe to do so. I was going to get an AFR guage fitted to check its not running too lean or rich. Im planning on getting it mapped anyway eventually just not straight away. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Steve

My car was running on the Vortech Split Second tuning box and fueling for over 5 years with out issue. I believe the map was tweaked a bit during that time but it is meant to be ok out of the box.

As you both have said, as long as you keep an eye on your AFRs while at WOT you should be fine.

The car will run completely standard on the ECU until boost is sensed by the SS box then it will turn on the auxiliary fuel pump and adjust the tune accordingly.

If you have any problems or are really worried about it, just take off the cog belt. You can then drive as normal as no boost will be produced.

I think thats what ill need to do. Where about in scotland are you? When is the vortech due to arrive?

Newton Mearns near Jay and Ifran. It was due over two months ago lol, Ordered it back at the end of Oct. Just had confirmation it should be here next week :surrender:

Need to get my finger out my butt and install my fuel pump etc as its a tuner kit.

sorry its took so long to write back.i clicked on follow topic but it never notified me with a reply lol.Thanks sam that sounds promising.i would like to run it without the remap for a little while as i will be spending a good deal of money on the kit as you two will already know.infact the misses is not very happy on me spending this amount of cash on my car and i may of fibbed a little and told her its only 3k lol.How long did you need to wait on your kit to arrive sam? Thats a pity evilscorp it must be like waiting on christmas. why do alot of people go for the tuner kit? my thinking is that it will be easier to just buy the full kit. id quite like to come and meet you when you get the kit fitted to see it in person if that would be ok with you. we could even have a little mini meet.

• 1 month later...