Happy New Year – Kyoto Is Dead

ATTAK Z

To be serious, I doubt we, as a nation, can afford all of the policies that the Kyoto Protocol signed us up to ... BREEAM has already been discredited big time, Biomass fuels are costing more than anticipated, wind power costs more than it should etc. etc.. In some ways it's equivalent to the DDA which we couldn't afford and, I think, is no longer ...

Edited by ATTAK Z

Not to worry, fossil fuel will be history in a few decades time :). While it'd great to maintain the current climate conditions, history has shown us that just 10,000 years ago most of The U.K was covered in an ice sheet almost a mile thick. With Global warming there'll be winners and losers although if recent summers are anything to by then you can list us among the losers. With Global Cooling there are just losers and this is what scientists fear most. However, if we are going to have Global warming then so be it but there will be some justice when Florida and The Eastern Seaboard of The U.S vanishes below the waves :) .

Pete

It's all rubbish, no-one has any idea exactly what's going on and by the time it'll make any difference to me I'll be dead.

Mankind will either invent something fabulous to sort everything out (very likely, we normally do) or we'll be made extinct. Either way, there'll be a solution.

It's all rubbish, no-one has any idea exactly what's going on and by the time it'll make any difference to me I'll be dead.

Mankind will either invent something fabulous to sort everything out (very likely, we normally do) or we'll be made extinct. Either way, there'll be a solution.

Yes but until that point it will be chaos.

When we reach peak oil will be scary.