Goodbye Mini!! :-(

ClaireZ

I just wanted to let you all know my little Mini went today - i finally sold it to make a place for the new Z!! I'm so excited - but i had a little tear! Is that wrong?? :blush: Mind you i had a £303 bill from BMW for front brake discs, and a seat belt retentioner wiring loom before it went!

Although the Z arrived in Southampton on Wednesday so Yippppeeee!! Hope to pick it up next week! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Don't worry you have done the right thing ,believe me ..!!

I sold my Audi TT 3 weeks ago because i wanted a 'Z',

and when the new owner drove off in it i was gutted,but as soon

as i drove the 'Z' all was forgotten ... i made the right choice :D

Kev

I just wanted to let you all know my little Mini went today - i finally sold it to make a place for the new Z!! I'm so excited - but i had a little tear! Is that wrong?? :blush: Mind you i had a £303 bill from BMW for front brake discs, and a seat belt retentioner wiring loom before it went!

Although the Z arrived in Southampton on Wednesday so Yippppeeee!! Hope to pick it up next week! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Nothing wrong with that, Claire. I don't regret buying the Zed for a second but I still miss my MCS. If I'd had the dosh I would have kept both! B)

when I sold my first golf gti I bawled my eyes out - it was my first fast car and I was gutted! Was quite sad when the pug cc went too and will be very sad when the CTR goes - especially as I won't have the zed to replace it for a while. I get really attached to my cars almost like they're pets - now that IS sad!

I will no doubt miss my Leon FR when that goes in a couple of weeks. Its been a brilliant little runabout with enough power to give it some beans, but also a boot that could swallow anything. I will miss the space, but the Zed is a lot more car!

Maybe we should have a fairwell thread to all cars that were (if there isnt already one) :byebye:

Not wrong at all - My other half cried when we sold a Fiat Tipo runabout that we had for a year - bought it for £300 from the auctions, sold it for £350 a year or so later, and it went through 2 MOTs without a hickup.

What will she do if you ever sell the UY zed? :scare:

Not wrong at all - My other half cried when we sold a Fiat Tipo runabout that we had for a year - bought it for £300 from the auctions, sold it for £350 a year or so later, and it went through 2 MOTs without a hickup.

Keep her breakfast down.... ;)

Now now Digsy the custards will be out in force next weekend, or do you want a visit from them? :boxing:;)

Now now Digsy the custards will be out in force next weekend, or do you want a visit from them? :boxing:;)

Bring it on! :p

I just wanted to let you all know my little Mini went today - i finally sold it to make a place for the new Z!! I'm so excited - but i had a little tear! Is that wrong?? :blush:

No, this is how you feel when you've really got attached to a car. When I sold my Golf GTI in '03, my first quickish car, I had a real touch of regret...I didn't want to see her go, we'd had such great times together

As soon as you drive her you'll forget the Mini... :yahoo:

Not only due to the handling but also due to the fact that it can be days or even weeks until you see another Z on the road!!! :D

That will be a new experience for you to look forward to! Unless you were uber cool and drove an original Mini?! B)

ENJOY!

I still miss my Ibiza, atleast the Nissan dealer still havent sold it and its creeping down towards the price they gave me for it. If it gets below that I wouldnt mind buying it back :teeth:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
As soon as you drive her you'll forget the Mini... :yahoo:

Not only due to the handling but also due to the fact that it can be days or even weeks until you see another Z on the road!!! :D

That will be a new experience for you to look forward to! Unless you were uber cool and drove an original Mini?! B)

I have just traded my MCS in for a Z and as much as I love my new car I will always hold a soft spot for my hyper blue.

True I was getting fed up of every other car I passed being a mini, you have to remember there is a reason for this. They are brilliant!!!

As for the Handling? Are you mad, they are the nuts!! Thats one of the reasons why they are so popular.

I do feel a tad more grown up in my zed though.

While on the subject, I was in my zed the day after I got it with my mate when I found myself in a tussel with a MCS with 4 dudes in it.

I couldnt get anywhere near him!! He obviously knew his car better than I new mine. In the end I backed off in case one of us had an accident.

They are both great cars and very different. The Mini Cooper S should never be written off. Remember its one of the only cars that made sub zero on the top gear cool wall.

Even though it is a load of cods wallop. xxx

I will no doubt miss my Leon FR when that goes in a couple of weeks. Its been a brilliant little runabout with enough power to give it some beans, but also a boot that could swallow anything. I will miss the space, but the Zed is a lot more car!

I traded my Leon Cupra R in for my Zed. Absolutely loved it to bits, such a hoot to fling around corners and I do miss the turbo thump when you hit 3,000 rpm. That said I am smitten with my Zed, it feels like a junior supercar by comparison.