interior mod for a fiver

ddcboyle

Had this for years but never done post on it, but seems a few people have asked about it. So i copied and pasted from a different topic, still outlines what the thing is.

If your looking at a phone/ipod holder, dont go drilling into the cubby hole as their a fair bit to replace.

This is a few photos of what ive got, i used it in focus for 2years and in my zed since november. Phone never moves, no drilling or anything needed.

This is it inside the car

th_Ipod-holder1.jpg

This is it removed (its attached to the zeds little removable rubber thing by double sided tape which comes off with bit of lighter fluid once ur trying to sell car)

Ipod-holder2.jpg

And a photo from the back, the angle is adjustable, so it can lay flat if you want to put your wallet in there, or at angle if you want to use satnav.

Ipod-holder3.jpg

Phone will not budge when its on this.

No damage to standard zed parts.

Cubby hole closes too.

The only downfall is that you cant place it height ways, but it seems every phone nowadays can work satnav sideways

Heres link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Sat-Nav-Grip-iPhone-Mobile-Phone-Holder-Dashboard-Stand-/190686458901?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item2c65cc7415

For Power supply, ive used a charger going from the passenger side lighter slot to wire over, im sure if your keen you will be able to wire it through the cubby hole, but i dont use it much so i dont want a wire just there 24/7

Hope this helps

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01487A74O?keywords=gel%20pad%20phone%20holder&qid=1455965427&ref_=sr_1_13&sr=8-13

I use a similar one to this in my cubby.

Very like the one OP had.

After a year or two the gel loses it's stickiness.

Just wash with soapy water and hey presto........stickier than a turd after a dodgy curry :lol: