Advice on exhaust from ebay

Harryjax

Mate, hopefully you dont mind me saying this... but surely you didnt spend all that money on a 370z to then go and buy some crap from ebay. If it were me I would stick to a well known make like CS is offering or if you really want to be different go down the custom made route.

Mate, hopefully you dont mind me saying this... but surely you didnt spend all that money on a 370z to then go and buy some crap from ebay. If it were me I would stick to a well known make like CS is offering or if you really want to be different go down the custom made route.

Mate your reply to the post is a bit snobby.

Trust me not everything on eBay is crap.

I have purchased lots from eBay and have been very happy with everything.

Anyway back to the exhaust. If any one can advice me on the item or the best place to get one, but please leave my choice of where I shop out of it.

Anyway back to the exhaust. If any one can advice me on the item or the best place to get one, but please leave my choice of where I shop out of it.

Not everything from eBay is crap, personal i look for brand names as they are tried and tested, especially when it comes to something of high price. For example... When i bought my car i had some random air intake on it, put in the k&n and it felt like i had a ferrari, an air intake doesn't increase bhp much, but a bad one will reduce. Could turn out to be a good exhaust though

Did you feel that strong about it that you had to post twice? ;) Listen its your car do what you wish. But you do get what you pay for :)

+1 dyor

Jay was offering his opinion in an effort to help you, trust me, there have been some horror stories on this forum particularly relating to cheap exhausts :)

looks a nice system, sadly can;t comment on quality as not seen before. i would say have a look at tarmac sportz website, they seem to have the widest selection for the 370Z.

if your serious about that exhaust i'd want to know what quality stainless they used it seems its T304 which is good, i'd be tempted to go for something with 321 or 347, but thats not common.

the only other issue is going to be fit. if its a good fit your laughing, if its a poor fit, then your exhaust fitter is going to have his work cut out.

For me personally I''d buy off a trader on the forum as you know you'll be getting a decent product at a fair price. You'll also know you get good customer service should soemthing go wrong...priceless in my opinion. Ebay is a bit faceless for me, even if the trader has tonnes of feedback. I think a reasonable exhaust starts around then £800 mark? All depends on your budget really.

If you can pick the eBay one up for 2 or 300 might be worth a punt but I'd go for a named brand.

NISSAN 370Z STAINLESS STEEL CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM

• This exhaust is made to the highest standard and gives a very deep aggressive sound through the twin Titanium 3.5" tailpipes.
  • Made from mandrel bent T304 stainless steel.
  • 2.75" bore.
  • Will improve throttle response and increase power by up to 15BHP.
  • Mirror polished all the way through, not just the tailpipes.
  • Actual picture of the item you will receive.
  • Gaskets and bolts included.
  • Burnt tips for the titanium look.
  • We recommend all exhaust components are fitted by a qualified mechanic to ensure the correct fitment,
  • Sold for off-road / Track use only.

Is the last statement just to cover any come backs etc..

Looks light though.

For me personally I''d buy off a trader on the forum as you know you'll be getting a decent product at a fair price. You'll also know you get good customer service should soemthing go wrong...priceless in my opinion. Ebay is a bit faceless for me, even if the trader has tonnes of feedback. I think a reasonable exhaust starts around then £800 mark? All depends on your budget really.

If you can pick the eBay one up for 2 or 300 might be worth a punt but I'd go for a named brand.

Agree - nothing wrong with Ebay - use it lots myself. But for something as fundamental as an exhaust system for a sports car I wouldn't chance it unless it was a recognisable brand. Got my exhaust from Tarmac - great service and very happy with the product. :)

I've lost count of the replica parts we have seen on ebay for 350 parts, most of which from reports back turn out to be absolute shite and a waste of money.

But not wishing to generalize, sometimes the replicas turn out to be sound and feedback has been a few are considered better than the genuine article.

For me, I would always want to see others experiences with said item, whether that is from a recognized supplier or a copier, before I parted with my hard-earned.

So I would advise about doing an advanced search on here for info, or if that doesn't come up trumps, to then post an ask.

hmm, well at the price that one went for (£77) its gotta be worth a punt! even though its a blatant copy of an Exoticspeed exhaust, which sell for nearly $1000...

problem with copy exhausts is the grade of steel is lower so they'll discolour quite quickly, welds arent as good, and it might have fitting issues. it might look good for a while, but a geniune article will stay looking good for the lifetime of the car.

But then again, at £77, you could buy a new one every year for 7 years for the same price as one genuine one... tempting!

The exhaust sold for £77. But on their website

(www.2fast2cool2.co.uk) the same exhaust sells for much much more.

I have made contact with them and asked where this exhaust comes from and asked if there were any video of it fitted to a 370z. There reply was although not disclosing the manufacturer they Assured me that it is made in the UK and there is no video.

The item has now finished so a 370z owner in the UK now owns it.

Whoever it is please post a report.

Next time I see it on eBay I'm buying one.

If it turns out to be disappointing I've not wasted too much dish.