Rubbish horn, very quiet beep.

L4V15

Hi chaps.

I have searched this so please dont bollock me :). All I managed to find were some post where people are discussing how pants the 350z horn is. Well mine is really bad, so quiet that any other car on the road wouldn't even hear it. Pretty sure it would fail it's next MOT on it. My previous 350z one was totally fine so I know that theres something up with this one.

Does anybody have any ideas on what could be causing the issue? Or do I just buy a new horn and swap it? Havent looked to see what they cost but guessing they're cheap enough and easy enough to swap over?

Cheers

Steve

Edited by L4V15

My zed has got the optional 'Sports Horn', which is the gayest high pitched noise youve ever heard. I feel a propper tool when im flicking someone the bird and its accompanied by my horn!

Mine is the same! Is it a JDM thing? Its way to polite for a horn.

Edited by Dblock

My zed has got the optional 'Sports Horn', which is the gayest high pitched noise youve ever heard. I feel a propper tool when im flicking someone the bird and its accompanied by my horn!

No my previous zed was a JDM too and that was a manly noise, so you must have the option too. So gaaaay... :lol:

Haha, class!

Thanks for all the responses chaps. Had no idea that there were two.

I shall get under the bonnet and replace the duff one on the weekend.

No my previous zed was a JDM too and that was a manly noise, so you must have the option too. So gaaaay... :lol:

I have a little plastic silver shell with a "Z" on it. But if it is the same it is proper gay.

Also what makes the horn sporty?

I have a little plastic silver shell with a "Z" on it. But if it is the same it is proper gay.

This is them i think...

http://www.carbeyondstore.com/Nissan-350Z-JDM-Sport-Horn-Set-NIS-B5610CD004.html

Not sure what makes it sporty, but i think Ferrari's and Lambo's are the same (well, they were in 90's computer games anyway!).

One of these :shrug:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_369421_langId_-1_categoryId_165606

Just wanted to put a note on here to say a big thanks to Leonk for dropping off a spare pair of OEM horns that were hanging around in his garage after reading about my plight on this thread :#1:

It looks like a very simple job to swap them - if i can fit my hands down the front of the bumper. I'll have a go on the next dry weekend we get.

Thanks again matey. :thumbs:

Just wanted to put a note on here to say a big thanks to Leonk for dropping off a spare pair of OEM horns that were hanging around in his garage after reading about my plight on this thread :#1:

It looks like a very simple job to swap them - if i can fit my hands down the front of the bumper. I'll have a go on the next dry weekend we get.

:yahoo:

No problem. " Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in." :lol: Glad to help out.