Berk Or Invidia HFC's

Patch

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've recently had a full Miltek exhaust system fitted and an UpRev carried.would HFCs be a next logical step?

I presume a couple of more ponies released (I have a HighRev 2006 Zed) and some alteration on exhaust note (good extra noise or bad?).

David

I've recently had a full Miltek exhaust system fitted and an UpRev carried.would HFCs be a next logical step?

I presume a couple of more ponies released (I have a HighRev 2006 Zed) and some alteration on exhaust note (good extra noise or bad?).

David

I have a Milltek, uPrev & Berks :thumbs:

Gives it a deeper louder growl and a bit of a rasp

:cloud9:

David

Looks like that will be next job for Abbey!

I find the Miltek quite subdued - although Mark was a little surprised and asked me to give it a few hundred miles to "mature" which am more than happy to do.

Always a hard balance between something that has a "bit of purpose" vs something that "makes your ears bleed"!

David

David

+1, well worth the extra money for the Berks :smile:

David

+1, well worth the extra money for the Berks :smile:

Looks like a resounding vote in favour of Berks!

What is sound like on motorway/fast road cruise? I like to be able to converse with anyone unlucky enough to be in passenger seat without having to shout!

David

It's fine in cab :)

They generally kick in at 3-3.5k revs and give an extra ROAR !!

Sounds (excuse the pun) like it is heading in the right direction esp if OK in cabin. What is tickover like?

David

I really need to find similar set up and listen don't I!

I have the Milltek and Berks combo, and it can be pretty boomy below about 2k rpm if you put your foot in it. Just seems to be a small band of resonance, because at 2.5k rpm for motorway cruising you wouldn't even know you had an aftermarket system, and why would you put your foot in it at 2k rpm anyway?

You're right about needing to listen to one as well. YouTube clips never really sound anything like the real thing IMO , but if you let us know where abouts you are someone may be willing to give you a ride so you can listen for yourself.

DB

I have the Milltek and Berks combo, and it can be pretty boomy below about 2k rpm if you put your foot in it. Just seems to be a small band of resonance, because at 2.5k rpm for motorway cruising you wouldn't even know you had an aftermarket system, and why would you put your foot in it at 2k rpm anyway?

You're right about needing to listen to one as well. YouTube clips never really sound anything like the real thing IMO , but if you let us know where abouts you are someone may be willing to give you a ride so you can listen for yourself.

DB

Reigate, Surrey - but am happy to travel a bit to hear a Miltek-Berks combo.

David

Edited by Tinyflier

David, we have a used Milltek in stock, it's only covered about 2500 miles, we took it off a members car before he sold his Zed, so if you're interested then please let me know and I'll put you in touch with the member... :thumbs:

Thanks for suggestion, but I already have a Miltek fitted, it us just a question of letting it "mature" for a little while and decide if I want Berks to give it some stronger sounds.

David

David

I find the Miltek quite subdued - although Mark was a little surprised and asked me to give it a few hundred miles to "mature" which am more than happy to do.

Always a hard balance between something that has a "bit of purpose" vs something that "makes your ears bleed"!

David

David,

I would go for the Motordyne lower collector and plenum spacer 1st. This will help with the mod range torque what the REV UP motor lacks off, the Cats really only hold the car back @ the top end where exhaust flow is needed.

David

David

David,

I would go for the Motordyne lower collector and plenum spacer 1st. This will help with the mod range torque what the REV UP motor lacks off, the Cats really only hold the car back @ the top end where exhaust flow is needed.

Sounds like our next mod then Mark! Will give Scott a call in NY for an appointment!

As you suggested will let the Miltek run for a little while and see how sounds alter and we can discuss but am tempted by HFCs...!

David

David

DB

David

I'm in Dorking, happy to let you hear my Milltek/Berks if that helps :smile:

DB

David

I'm in Dorking, happy to let you hear my Milltek/Berks if that helps :smile:

That is very kind and I will take you up on the offer!

David