iPad Mini

spursmaddave

Just shows that apple are no longer the innovators and are having to play catch up with everyone else

Steve Jobs said in 2010 that anything smaller than the iPad is just stupid and that a smaller iPad would never be made. Now look where we are...

Apple have lost their way in the smartphone world, losing sales in the pc and laptop industry and can't think of new ideas now that Jobs has gone

Definitely think Apple are at the point where it could go either way.... nobody is doubting the quality of their products but they no longer command their price tag IMO. Everyone else has been playing catch up and now Apple are running scared, the Samsung court case and now the 7" tablet u-turn are evidence if this...

Talking of u-turns I have found a good deal on an iPhone5 with 3 :lol: See I still covet IOS :blush:

the point of it is fairly obvious....to compete with the huge mini tablet market.....lets not forget they are a business who want to make as much money as possible so why wouldn't they fill a market sector that they pretty much know they will be very successful in.

As for the competition being cheaper, having used the majority of the tablets out there, nothing comes close to the fluidity of apples interface so i'd much rather pay more for a better product.

I agree but £429 for a 7" tablet with 64GB & wifi or £529 with 3G is just crazy!

The base model should come with 64GB at £269 & £369 respectively that is my only issue

How on earth is 48GB worth £160 when you can get a 32GB micro SD for £20 :shrug:

Even if Apple made their own Memory cards a bit like Sony did and charged a bit of a premium it would be a start.

I do agree everything will end up cloud based but then cloud storage is hardly cheap either...