auto fold mirror help please

bobmac

I seem to remember a member on here about a year ago had a kit to enable auto fold mirrors when you locked the doors, the search function cant seem to find it, any help appreciated guys either with tracking down the kit or wiring "how to " etc cheers :D

cheers girnet, it did indeed help, unfortunately its only whetted my appetite to do this mod, the thread shows how to install a kit that was made up by cookbot (i assume !) does anyone know if he still hangs around here, or can anyone help with where to purchase this kit :blush:

cheers girnet, it did indeed help, unfortunately its only whetted my appetite to do this mod, the thread shows how to install a kit that was made up by cookbot (i assume !) does anyone know if he still hangs around here, or can anyone help with where to purchase this kit :blush:

The last i heard, Cookbot was abroad trying for his comercial pilots licence, but this was some time ago.

Great mod, shame nobody has picked it up and carried on the good work....

If i had any clue about auto electronics i'd give it a go. Im fine if ive got instructions but creating something from scratch is out of my league

Edited by smudgedon

I have a unit ready just cant find the time to re-fit it and write up a guide.

If any one wants to be a test pilot then I can send out a unit with a basic wiring diagram.

It would need fitting and a photo guide compiling by the tester.

Please form an orderly queue!!!

Pm me with your details and electrical experience if your interested.

Flyboy think we may need to talk lol my car is coming out for a wash and polish Saturday all being well I will be refitting my new unit which is an off the shelf variable timer with a little bit of trickery with some hefty diodes to play it safe.

My only reason for not doing it sooner is sheer volume of work lol