Rays refurbed in bronze?

jonst205

Hi all, shortly will be getting my Rays refurbed and was thinking of going for a dark bronze colour (a la TE37's). I'm sure I'm not the first one to do this, so if anyone has already done it I'd love to see some pics and, if possible, what paint colour/code you used. My car is GM.

Cheers,

Jon

Jon, stick up a photo of your car and some nice soul might photoshop bronze wheels on for you.

I agree bronze is made of win on pretty much any colour Zed.

I think bronze looks best on white cars....... yes it goes with azure aswell but looks too scoobyish for me :blush:

A lot of people think I have bronze wheels from my signature. But it's actually the lighting from the business park I was in.

I thought you had been playing around with Photoshop :surrender:

Well I had played around to get the colour/black and white theme. But forgot to try and put my wheels the right colour :lol:

They look a bit gold :lol:

Thanks for the replies, I'm slightly overwhelmed! The photochop by leeroy is exactly what I was thinking - bronze and not gold, though gold on the kitted S2000 looks very nice, I'm not sure it would suit a Z. The question is, what colour do I specify to a refurbers or do they have colour charts I can refer to?

Very much appreciate the input on this thread, great stuff.

Jon

Thanks for the replies, I'm slightly overwhelmed! The photochop by leeroy is exactly what I was thinking - bronze and not gold, though gold on the kitted S2000 looks very nice, I'm not sure it would suit a Z. The question is, what colour do I specify to a refurbers or do they have colour charts I can refer to?

Very much appreciate the input on this thread, great stuff.

Jon

The big refurbers will have a full range of samples to look at whereas the smaller ones may just have an odd wheel kicking around. That said the big guys will be more expensive so you pays your money and you takes your choice :)

I recently had my wheels refurbed at a place near Strood (Inspraytion) and it cost me £150 notes as they were doing a 4 for the price of 3 deal. Their premises aren't anything special but they did an awesome job and even at £200 it's cheaper than the usual suspects.

Thanks, I'm up in the wilds of lincolnshire unfortunately, and don't currently have a spare set of wheels to go the courier route. I'll ask around and get some prices as there's a few places on the local industrial estate doing it. I'd rather a good job, and mine need some tidying of lip grindage on top. Any tips paint vs powder coating? AFAIK powder coating is more durable but you can lose some of the detailing on the rays text etc.

When mine were done they wet painted the wheel and then powdercoated the lacquer to give a tough top layer.

It isn't unfortunate to be up in the wilds of Lincolnshire, I'm a Yellowbelly :thumbs: We're currently trying to sell our pad in the 'Smoke and buy a proper sized house up 'Narth'. I just hope I still have the Zed to enjoy the roads up there :drive1