Noble GTO any one had a go in one ?

lomoto

Was out on the local High St today and saw a Noble GTO parked up a 2004 car,

Never really took much notice of them before ,but this looked stunning in Metallic blue with the huge rear spoiler..Has anyone on here had one or had a go in one.?? :)

Was out on the local High St today and saw a Noble GTO parked up a 2004 car,

Never really took much notice of them before ,but this looked stunning in Metallic blue with the huge rear spoiler..Has anyone on here had one or had a go in one.?? :)

Like this one?

noblr.jpg

Or this one:

noble2.jpg

Saw them on the Top Gear day thingy. Very very B)

I have and i hated it, power was second to none but on the road the suspension was so firm it gave me a bad back, on the track again it would be second to none,not cheap either for this kind of money buy a gt3 and at least you could drive it on the road.

max.

Engines are built at Nobles, Chesterfield just a stones through from you Tim and me.

I went around the engine building area when my car was on the rollers. The Noble name is just a coincidence BTW.

Oh never knew that Kev, Wouldnt mind a blast in one , but like max said I think they would rattle your fillings out on our roads :teeth:

Engines are built at Nobles, Chesterfield just a stones through from you Tim and me.

I went around the engine building area when my car was on the rollers. The Noble name is just a coincidence BTW.

Oh never knew that Kev, Wouldnt mind a blast in one , but like max said I think they would rattle your fillings out on our roads :teeth:

And you think the Zed's harsh, old-timer! ;):p

I've been in 1, a mate of a mate has just sold his. Very, very quick and sounds amazing. Very stripped out & very basic. You'd like it tho Tim - no traction control!!

Very expensive to repair too - Ryan will tell you that. 2 BIG crashes; 1 cost £20k :scare:

Certainly not a daily drive, without a doubt a track tool but a bloody good one.

I've been in 1, a mate of a mate has just sold his. Very, very quick and sounds amazing. Very stripped out & very basic. You'd like it tho Tim - no traction control!!

Very expensive to repair too - Ryan will tell you that. 2 BIG crashes; 1 cost £20k :scare:

Certainly not a daily drive, without a doubt a track tool but a bloody good one.

Hmmmm sounds interesting... will have to see if I could blag a go in one somewhere :teeth:

I'm with you Louis. The newer ones are a big improvement. Look more like a real car.

The older ones look like a something an anverage kid would do in school. The type of kid that cant draw and will never be a car designer.

Guy

With respect I think you guys have missed the point.

The Noble is a track car, it really is, granted people use them every day but it was never designed as that. Its pure function and as such maybe isn't the greatest looking car in the world.

However, as its a track car do looks really enter into it? Or is it more about how much enjoyment you can get rather than aesthetics? I know what I'd rather have.

:D

With respect I think you guys have missed the point.

The Noble is a track car, it really is, granted people use them every day but it was never designed as that. Its pure function and as such maybe isn't the greatest looking car in the world.

However, as its a track car do looks really enter into it? Or is it more about how much enjoyment you can get rather than aesthetics? I know what I'd rather have.

:D

Yep its a track car that can be used on the road. However i wouldnt waste my money on it as i know someone who has one and he uses it as an everyday car not a track car. So i wouldnt spend that amount of money on a car (be that for track or road) that doesnt look good. Id rather get a lotus and tune it up which will look 100times better and possibly quicker and cost a hell of a lot less.

Never been in on, but been on track with them and are super quick. Quicker than any elise I know of and that includes 300 BHP one.

One word of warning, I know of a VX220 that hit the back end of a Noble at very low speed (at bedford) and the damage was £14k. Looks like easy to damage the clam to quickly.