Trickle Charger

Payco

After some advice please.

:cold: I am planning to garage my Z during the winter months. Can anyone recommend a trickle charger to keep the battery charged. Is there anything else to consider before putting her to bed for a few months.

Thanks All

Martin

Personally I have the CTEK Multi XS 7000 which is an awesome bit of kit; charges everything I've thrown at it (including the battery on the 350z) and it does trickle charge; it works with most battery chemistry too [including Spiral Cell / AGM and GEL]. A mechanic told me about the CTEK stuff.

It's a fair chunk of change - but its worth it. I've used it to charge batteries that were almost 'dead' where other chargers wouldn't even touch it. It comes with croc clips and eyelets for leaving on the battery, but you can buy other add-ons - eg. leads with small battery level meters;

Quick search - and I have an earlier version of this one:-

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/ctek/multi-mxs-7-0-12v-battery-charger-and-conditioner.aspx

Worth a look at the CTEK website - as they have lots of new models too. http://www.ctek.com/gb/en

Best price I've seen the new one is around £100;

Has anyone here tried the solar powered trickle chargers?

They work well on caravan leisure batteries.

Has anyone tried them in places where there's not a lot of light? i.e: Semi-underground parking where there's a bit of ambient light but it's a bit dim? Surely as long as it got some power it would just have to trickle for longer?