Heater is always cold

ashyk36

Wondering if anyone could help me. My heater is always cold... Even when switched on max and on the highest temp setting.

The car has no problems heating up as the needle sits just below the middle.

I have searched and that led me to bleed the system, however it has not really made any difference. The only time I do get hot air out of the system is when I am constantly driving over 2500 revs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you bleed the system per the instructions in the service manual? Mine did this because I didn't bleed the system properly.

However if not could be a stuck valve in the heater matrix maybe preventing the water getting into the heat exchanger or a blockage?

yes use a funnel that fit's tightly in the rad neck to allow you to have a head of water/anti freeze above the bleed screw, this will force the air out.

+1 That's what I did, worked for me :thumbs:

I don't get it, would anyone be able to elaborate please? :)

Sorry :(

Definitely sounds like air in the cooling system. When I changed my coolant it was a real pain to get the air out. The air came out cold until the revs went a bit higher then the would be a flood of warm air and the water temp gauge would spike a bit then the the air would get cold again.

I found that putting the front of the car up on ramps so that the radiator filler neck was higher than the bleed valve helped to get the air out and fill the pipe with the bleed valve with coolant as it was full of air. Was still a pain to bleed completely though. Not something I would want to do too often.

• 2 weeks later...