Bought one!

To continue from my "on the search" thread.

The deed is done and my first Zed (06, Facelift) has been purchased - I am stupidly excited and at my age I shouldn't be so excited about a new car should I? Oh yes I should!

Won't collect car until mid week or OMG maybe not even until next Saturday.... Arrrgghhhh!

Car was as described by seller, looked splendid in the gorgeous sunshine in London today, GunMetal paintwork glinting alluringly! We settled on £8250 which i was happy with considering new clutch and DMF, 4 new tyres (hmmm Nexen - not a brand I am familiar with, anyone any experience of these? I might change for MPSS), new lads all round, great service history (Abbey Motorsport), clean long MOT.

Drives insanely well, clutch a little heavier than I was expecting but it does have a lot of horses (300) to transmit. Brakes and steers well, suspension not in the least "crashy" which was a happy surprise, feels quite compliant but need to get it into a good open road/track to explore. I also expected to sit a tad lower in the car.

Downsides - drivers interior door pull a bit scratched, cubby lid button also scratched - am sure an interior smart repairer can fix easily. Body, although shiny needs a good "claying" and I might give it a light detail with my DA machine (am aware of how thin/ soft Nissan paint is). Some light marking on wheel rims and couple of spots where corrosion bubbling the spokes - nothing major - a refurb will resolve.

Have a list of goodies now I will be ordering ASAP! RedlineStyling first on list, then Knight Racing!

One question about the boot mat. That seems to slide about like Torvil and Dean on speed - anyone have some tips to make that less "mobile"? Would expect anything placed on mat to be less than secure!

All in all - am one happy (mature) bunny! Now - how many sleeps to go????

:teeth:

David

Are pics expected?

drive it hard you will love it

Intend to - :drive1

:p

Take a drive along the A272 between Billinghurst and Petersfield at sometime when its quiet and enjoy the twists and turns. Then come back via the A3 through the tunnel to appreciate the noise ;)