19" wheels

4RE Leather

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I let this run a bit to see how it turned out and interesting stuff.

I of course am aware that not even God almighty could set a car up to avoid spinning in Phoo weather.

And I was stating how the situation was left where my own car is concerned after Keyser Darren

and co had a jolly in it.

And I did tend to agree with them on there comments which are documented in the parrot run.

Abbey at my request commented on the post in a constructive way and having spent quite a bit of time down there on other projects of late it was obviously going to come up in conversation.

What, how,why and when. And how to proceed if at all?

From what the guys were saying from our Devils Dyke and Bognor run out 2weeks ago.

When they accelerate in there Zeds the back sits down. The bonnet comes up and away you go.

With mine it doesn't if that makes sense it seems to have no give in the back.

Some good advice from Ebized as I had deflated the tyres to 35 all round due to health reasons.

was to pump the rears up to 40 and it does handle better.

To my mind it's all about seeing if there is a problem that needs to be rectified as we now know its not my crap driving.

There does seem to be a sliding issue of that we agree.

To be honest I can't remember if it was there before or after The uprev and 050As plus wider tyres and spacers were put on.

If it was after then maybe I have caused this problem.

On a personal level I was a bit peeved that I may have turned my car into a summer car only when I know that there are guys out there with more power running the cars all year long and have openly said on here they drive in the Snow.

I myself would not entertain it.

So many people running different setups make it hard to get a definitive answer and I never will.

We will just have to take it one step at a time to see what happens.

So ending with a twist and keeping with the original wheel tyre size post.

If money were no object and you had only the Zed to drive, and had to drive all year round period.

What size rim would you yourself buy.

What size tyre would you put on it

And what make would it be?

B)

18x10 front, 19x12 rears with MPS tyres. Pretty easy really.

As for letting air out of the tyres for "medical reasons" and increasing pressure for more grip (an increase will reduce grip), you are quite mad. :lol:

Ha ha I was under advisement from a forum boffin lol.

At least we can agree I am mad.

I let the air out to soften the ride on my spine but not much luck.

;)

I have driven a 350 on 19s, OEM 18s, Rays 18s and JDM 17s. I have to say my preferred option (ignoring looks) would be the 17s but then my preference has always been for more compliant/skinny predictability of what is going on underneath as opposed to the "I'm a mega hero - oh no - whoops I'm dead" variety. I have only had 050As or Kumho winter tyres on the Z so nothing to compare with. My comments relate to on road not on track - having said that I would still go 17s if I could get light ones and R888s.

Tyre compound, pressure, (and a sensitive right foot) will have much more effect on grip than any minor change in contact area. Get some winter tyres on for the cold months, and if your geo is ok I don't see why you can't drive year round. :shrug:

Tyre compound, pressure, (and a sensitive right foot) will have much more effect on grip than any minor change in contact area. Get some winter tyres on for the cold months, and if your geo is ok I don't see why you can't drive year round. :shrug:

I have all my toys in the Zed and got it almost the way I want it.

I only go out in bad weather if forced to do so but take the runaround.

It would be great if the zed was 4 wheel drive.

I have lost count of the messages I have had from members who drive there FI

all year round and totally agree you drive to the conditions.

:thumbs:

The other solution is aftermarket traction control, Racelogic is your market leader there. Or you could learn to drift, or Id happily lend you my N/A in exchange if you want? :lol:

The back going down/front going up if it really is the case* might be down to incorrectly adjusted suspension I suppose, next step Id be looking at corner weighting it and then running some rear toe in - what suspension are you running BTW? :shrug:

Less tyre pressure generally means more grip too, take them down to 30.

* Never heard of anything like that before unless your shocks are on back to front or something :shrug:

I think Chris from Brooklands Kent who was following me may have had to much shandy lol.

Maybe there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car and I am trying to turn it into something that it never will be.

Have the suspension of a Rolls Royce and the speed and handling of a GTR!

Not brainiac enough to know what the set up is, But Abbey look after everything for me so any issues Ijust take it down to the experts.

I only live 20 mins from them and happy with this arrangement.

However I would like to be more knowledgable on the subject without reaching brain overload!

:lol:

Any suggestions what to use for Winter Tyres AK?

Only going to give it a run in winter on a dry day once a week or fortnight.

But it only takes 2 mins to loose grip.

:scare:

If you were to read the early sections of Alan Staniforth's book about Competition Car suspension that would give you a lot of the basic info about geometry which is the critical issue.

Do you have a copy Neil?

I see your not far from me hint hint :teeth:

Here you go, get it delivered to the hospital:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Competition-Car ... 386&sr=1-1

:)

If you were to read the early sections of Alan Staniforth's book about Competition Car suspension that would give you a lot of the basic info about geometry which is the critical issue.

Do you have a copy Neil?

:drive1:lol::lol:

Do you have a copy Neil?

I used to have a copy and another book about building fast road cars which had good basic info about suspension.

I will have a look tomorrow - either in garage or loft and I will PM you once I know. You are welcome to borrow if I have them.

Do you have a copy Neil?

I escaped Friday evening lol.

I am a free man!

:drive1

Do you have a copy Neil?

I escaped Friday evening lol.

I am a free man!

:drive1

Oh sorry, thought you were going back in this week :)

Any suggestions what to use for Winter Tyres AK?

Only going to give it a run in winter on a dry day once a week or fortnight.

But it only takes 2 mins to loose grip.

:scare:

Cheap Nankang SV2 ( better in snow than you think)

Medium Falken HS449-439

Better Contiwinter contact 830 or Blizzacks :thumbs: