Road trip to Applecross and Skye Pic Heavy!

imhereithink85

So last week me and a couple of friends thought it would be a great idea to go on a three night road trip to Applecross and then onto Skye. We met up on the Sunday night to "plan" the route, then set off on the monday at 10am. The cars we had was my Zed, 111s S2 Elise, Eunos mx5, not the most practical selection of cars for camping (see pics), but perfect for the roads we were about to take on. The route we took was:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Bla ... 1,2,3&z=10

The route was epic! up and over the Lecht to miss out the boring A96, was worth the extra time! Luckily the sun was shining and the roads were quiet as you like, so great for a hoon. If you have not heard of the applecross road then have a search, it is unreal, proper single track road and is one of the highest roads in the country. Plenty of switch backs which make the car go on three wheels :drive1 This is one road that you have to take your time on, otherwise you will end up over the side of the mountain lol or into another car oncoming. But it is well worth the effort.

We stayed at the Applecross campsite which was £8 pp to camp which was nice and cheap, more monies to spend in the famous Applecross inn. Would recommend the campsite, very clean and quiet with onsite bar/ resteraunt.

The next day we headed to our campsite on Skye in a place called Sligachen. It sits in the middle of the Cullins which are stunning, you will see what i mean when you look at the pics. Again the roads were soooo good, fast flowing and very smooth, if only all roads were in this condition B)

So enough talk time for the pics!

DSCF4442.jpg

DSCF4446.jpg

DSCF4449.jpg

DSCF4455.jpg

DSCF4459.jpg

DSCF4462.jpg

DSCF4465.jpg

DSCF4469.jpg

DSCF4473.jpg

DSCF4475.jpg

DSCF4478.jpg

DSCF4488.jpg

DSCF4492.jpg

DSCF4495.jpg

DSCF4503.jpg

DSCF4504.jpg

DSCF4509.jpg

DSCF4511.jpg

DSCF4517.jpg

DSCF4519.jpg

DSCF4543.jpg

More to come in a mo :blush:

suprisingly the lotus had alot packed into it, almost like a tardis lol. Two man tent, double airbed, sleeping bags etc :clap:

The wet camping wasnt too bad, it was the wind which was a killer. On the last morning one of our tent poles snapped! :scare: We woke up with the tent lying on us lol, pretty crazy wind we had, but thats part of the fun, atleast we all had a laugh about it.

If there is one organised on here i will defo be there, cant wait to the next trip to the west coast!