MOD HELP REQUIRED

Payco

I have justed purchased and fitted a carfbon fibre air diffuser cover plate to my 2006 Zed. Had no problems fitting it and replacing the pop rivets with news ones in the process. Looks lovely but now the bonnet wont close !!. I cannot see where it is failing as there is plenty of clearance around the bonnet fixing mechanism on the plate. I have had to remove it as despite my best efforts i just cannot get the bonnet to close tight. I cannot see any way of making any adjustments so at this juncture it seems it wont be going on my Zed. I know there are many owners who have them fitted so i am appealing for some advice on how i might overcome this aggravating issue. All advice / help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Martin

Do you have an aftermarket front bumper, as I have the same issue and sometimes the inner lip of the bumper is raised and hinders any carbon panels.

I'm looking at making titanium versions in either plain or burnt titanium. These are fairly thin and should combat this issue.

Have you tried adjusting the bonnet catch mechanism itself?

Couple of 10mm bolts hold it, loosen and adjust until it fits, see if that helps

+1

or the black bumper stops 2 one each side they can be adjusted may need to shorten them a bit :thumbs:

Thanks for your advice and responses. I am going to refit and try adjusting the bolts around the bonnet catch mech as suggested. I have a standard front bumper so not sure why its a problem at the moment. As i say, will try adjusting and seeing what happens.

Thanks guys.

Hi Guys. Got it sorted. I couldnt find a way to adjust the bonnet mech. I took the rivets out from their holders and placed the diffuser flat without them in place.It closed without any snags. After a lot of flaffying around I realised if I filed the plastic edges of the rivet housings flat (they were only about 1mm proud) and then refitted the rivets in the housings the diffuser fitted perfect and so did the bonnet. Small issue that caused an hour or two of stress but pleased with the way I resolved it. Worth remembering if anyone else has this issue.

Thanks

Martin