Sold my 350z - Thank you for all your support!

HassanZ

Hello all,

As some of you may already be aware, my car suffered a significant amount of hail stone damage (up to UK's standards anyway) when I was working in Hinckley/Burbage about 2 months ago. Every panel on the car was damaged, mostly the roof, bonnet and boot lid which sustained approximately 50-100 dents on each panel.

Thankfully my insurance paid me out a 'cash in lieu' offer.

I was already contemplating selling my car prior to the storm, but this confirmed my decision as I cannot live with a car that is not up to my standard (even if it was repaired).

I did not get the car repaired and sold it with the sustained damage as I did not have the time to sort it out.

The buyer has informed me he will join this forum, I will introduce him when he informs me what his username is - Please look after him! :lol:

I am contemplating on what car to buy, maximum I am willing to spend is £9k. Any suggestions?

Also I have a few bits to sell, I will be starting for sale threads in due course.

The bits I will have for sale are as follows:

- Facelift OEM Genuine tail lights in mint condition (only used for a few months)

- Eibach 2 x 25mm and 2 x 20mm Spacers

- D1 Spec V2 Throttle Controller

- Bluetooth Phone Adapter (Bought directly from Nissan less than a year ago)

- JWT Pop Charger (used for approximately 3k miles - Purchased brand new)

- Blueprint rear Brembo Brake Pads (brand new)

- OEM Genuine rear Splash Guards that were resprayed in gunmetal and never refitted so in brand new condition

- Richbrook Aluminium Tax Disc Holder with allen key and screws (mint condition)

- Non-OEM Boot Divider

- Gliptone Alezan Leather Re-Dye Kit (brand new unused)

- D1 Spec Gold Lightweight Aluminium Wheel Nuts (marked from when removing/refitting wheels)

- OEM used Y-pipe

- OEM used Nissan Burger Badges

It is a great pleasure being part of this forum, everyone on here are awesome! This is not a farewell thread as I will continue visiting this forum and posting new threads, hopefully about other cars I own or other non-Zed related subjects - You ain't getting rid of me that easily!

I do plan on purchasing another Zed in the future when they drop in price (well I hope they do!!!)

Kind Regards,

Hassan

Iv heard of hailstones damaging bodywork but Iv never spoke to anyone who has had it on their car let alone have to sell up cos its that bad!

Sorry you had to let it go prematurely. Dont mean to rub salt in your wounds but any pics?

Don't be a stranger, Hassan... :thumbs:

No definitely not bro (as a friend and on a professional level)....I will always keep in touch and will probably bring my next car to you too.

You and Andy are awesome lads....knowledgeable, friendly and efficient, you always provide a top class service!! I have recommended you to the buyer too, he will probably be in touch in the near future (name is Raj and lives in Loughborough so not too far away).

We need to meet up sometime mate :thumbs:

:)

Iv heard of hailstones damaging bodywork but Iv never spoke to anyone who has had it on their car let alone have to sell up cos its that bad!

Sorry you had to let it go prematurely. Dont mean to rub salt in your wounds but any pics?

Yeah I know where you're coming from. In my entire life I have never known of any car ever being damaged by hail stones, I just always had the assumption that it was impossible for this to happen, until it happened to me!

We got it the worst in Burbage, it's on the outskirts of Leicester. We had massive golf ball sized hail falling as speed. They were hitting the car so hard that they bounced off the car and flew a distance away! My alarm was going haywire too due to the impact it was taking, you could hear the impact from a distance.

7 minutes later all the roads were flooded, it was like an actual river and it was proper sunny and hot like a mid-summers day!

I have a video of the actual storm and the hail hitting my car but it is a 7 minute video so I don't know how to upload it! I also have photos which I'll upload when I have a few minutes to spare, it is quite difficult to see the damage in the photos though due to the reflection of the bodywork.

I thought hailstones were an "act of god"? Glad you got paid out though :)

Yes you are correct, I feared I will have lost everything!

There was word going around the industrial estate that we would not be covered due to this clause. Thankfully Admiral were okay and agreed to accept the claim straight away, think insurers had a lot of media and public pressure which influenced them a little...

To be honest I was too shell shocked by the storm to even think about the car until a few days later...

I am so glad I got paid out!

Hailstones?! :scare: Poor Zed :(

..first dibs on the LED rears? :teeth:

Haha you vulture! PM me mate :thumbs:

Sorry you had to sell up Hassan

Onwards and upwards :thumbs:

Also interested in the LED rear lights

Thank you mate, appreciate it :)

PM me your interest mate :thumbs:

:p Traitor!!

Hope you find another car that steals your heart. And wallet :lol::thumbs:

Haha! Has to be done hey...get bored too easily and a bit heart broken! :lol:

You need to advise me on what car to get next!

I took a Boxster for a long and hard test drive last weekend, I was slightly disappointed!!

Really sorry to hear about what happened to your car Hassan, but sounds like a reasonable outcome in the end as you had in mind selling.

But I've locked the thread as you really need to get a for-sale ad up for the bits with pics etc (see the for sale rules), otherwise others not reading this thread may well feel understandably disgruntled about missing out, apart from which you are limiting potential buyers. ;)