The not so Swift detail

Daryl

The past 6 months or so have seen the partners Swift Sport get used and abused,as there is no point or way im doing tip runs in the Datsun. As I had this week off,I said id give the little work horse some love. It was really minging inside and out,and hadnt even been cleaned for a few week,and i cant remember the last time i spent any longer than a couple of hours on it. So this was a wheels off detail,that turned into an interior out and nearly 30 hour job!

Will try to get the pics in some sort of order.

To start with,this little madam seems to have found a new spot for sleeping.

file.jpg

Which is here!

file-1.jpg

file-51.jpg

The car

file-3.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-6.jpg

file-7.jpg

No pictures of the seats before they were cleaned im afraid,but they were filthy and had some juice stains on them from a leaky bottle,and after finding chips and crisps under the seats,decided it was best just to pull them all out.

file-9.jpg

file-10.jpg

file-11.jpg

My driveway,looks like a bomb went off.

file-16.jpg

Seats cleaned

file-12.jpg

file-13.jpg

file-15.jpg

file-14.jpg

All back in and looking pretty darn good,that was day one. Though I was slightly delayed my a friend that rocked up in his Elise.

file-17.jpg

file-18.jpg

Day 2 was pretty unproductive, due to rain and me chatting,but got he car washed and Iron X'd,along with the wheels,which had never been off to clean,so the backs were caked. I think I got a coat of wax on them before i called it a day too.

file-24.jpg

file-25.jpg

file-26.jpg

Day 3 was a tough one,as wanted to get another coat of wax on the wheels,and need to clay and polish the car. Id let the mrs drive the 350 for the past 2 days,but Friday (today) i needed my car to head to Essex.

Wheels waxed again,and tyres dressed with Finish Kare (brilliant dressing that lasts for ages on the tyres and you dont need to use much at all)

file-34.jpg

file-37.jpg

Arches were dressed (which made more difference than id expected) and wheels were put back on so the car could be put in the garage for polishing. As i was up against it,i thought id use 3M Perfect It followed by some SRP before a coat of Hard Candy wax. As it turned out,I missed the SRP due to time (I finished the first polish at 6pm) The aim wasnt to fully correct the paint, as there were only a few light swirls apart from a couple of really deep scratches,and I was up against the clock. Just wanted to restore the finish abit and make the car really shine.

Never used Hard Candy before,but found it an absolute pleasure to use. I have the Blue Velvet for the 350,and this was just as good. After finding out how easy if buffed off, I ended up waxing the entire car before buffing,to makesure the wax had enough time to cure off. Some of these pictures are before and some are after wax,but iv lost track now. Though the ones that still show day light are pre wax,the dark outside ones were post wax.

file-38.jpg

file-40.jpg

file-44.jpg

file-45.jpg

file-46.jpg

file-48.jpg

file-49.jpg

file-50.jpg

Pictures from this morning,though not a sunny as id hoped.

file-52.jpg

file-53.jpg

file-54.jpg

Wow that's some dedication right there!

:lol: Cheers. My Mrs says that im getting worse with the whole OCD thing. I finally locked the garage at 9.15 last night. This morning,i woke up at 6 with my mrs going to work,cleaned all the windows inside,and cleaned the floor mats before she took it to work at 7.20. Great fun,but when it looks as good as it does,then I dont mind,I also find it therapeutic.

Love those little swifts B)

That is a proper detail, bet it took all day

You could say that,spent 2.5 days on it. :lol:

Its a great little car,really fun on the round abouts in MK when you just carry as much speed as you can and keep the engine above 5k.

nice one - take the seat out to clean underneath - like that :thumbs:

good job B)

If you saw the state of the inside,it was the only way to go. Found old McDonalds chips and all sorts. Plus it was only 4 bolts that are easy to access for the front,and the rear back is clipped in place,with the base held by some plastic clips. Loads of room inside there which helps.

Good job Daryl, I hope you are suitably rewarded this weekend :D:thumbs:

I got told off last night for spending time with her car instead of her! :lol:

So you got a good spanking, eh :teeth::lol:

Very thorough job done there - looks supurb and like others says the Swift Sports are great little cars. :thumbs: