Black scratches and swirls

plunky

I have a black gt4 and have noticed lots of swirls and scratches down the near side, it is very obvious in the light, is it possible to get these out by hand or would a machine polisher be required? Can anybody recommend a good polisher and products for a beginner detailed like myself?

Thanks

Liam

I have a black gt4 and have noticed lots of swirls and scratches down the near side, it is very obvious in the light, is it possible to get these out by hand or would a machine polisher be required? Can anybody recommend a good polisher and products for a beginner detailed like myself?

Thanks

Liam

Where in the country are you? Wasso might be able to help :thumbs:

to be honest I would rather spend the cash on quality detailing gear rather than pay someone to do it, how much would that little lot cost me?

alternate machine would be the dodo juice buff daddy from Envy for less than half the amount ie approx £100 of the G220

to be honest I would rather spend the cash on quality detailing gear rather than pay someone to do it, how much would that little lot cost me?

alternate machine would be the dodo juice machine from Envy for less than half the amount ie approx £100 of the G220

The kestral das-6 is half again. :thumbs:

Be aware its not the machine that makes the difference its the skill and patience of the user :thumbs:

As others have said,loads of deals,packages out there.

But if you contact forum traders they will just sell you the kit you need. :thumbs:

Tim at Envy

Matt at i4detailing

Sorry if I missed anyone. :blush:

The young wipper snapper Wasso will also give advice. (for the cost of a Carling :p:lol: )

there seems to be lots of good deals for "beginner" kits on ebay

I have been looking at these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120966412140? ... 1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130650892905? ... 1423.l2649

any opinions?

Go to Monza car care and by this machine http://www.monzacarcare.com/complete-ki ... olisher/0/

Then get this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280922429930? ... 1497.l2649

I only say go to ebay for the microfibre kit as its nearly £10 cheaper.

Then go back to Monza and study all the tutorals and watch the self help videos that every product has..

This is what I did. A posted a thread up here about using this system which can be found here.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=62028

If your like me and have time to keep at it thats fine, but don't think for one moment you will get results like Wasso or Envy 1st time round as its just not going to happen. The meguires DA Microfibre System is very easy to use and full instructions are on the mobile site. I still have not made up my mind about the top wax coat as I have Miglore and dodo canuba.

Good luck. I was going to say stay out of the sun light but no need:):)

The most important questions really have to be

1. Do you want to mask the swirls and make the car look nice or eliminate them?

2. What is your budget?

The only way your going to stop swirls is stop using Polish and Albainian car washes:)

"Exterminate the Swirls)

Or if he lives near you he could get you to do it!

:p

Ideally I would like to be able to learn how to eliminate the swirls, but my budget at the moment is only around the £200 mark, I would be wanting to purchase everything including products within this budget.

Going with a DAS-6 and low to mid range stuff you'll easily do it. Spend the money on a few key products.

People rave about Meguiars Ultimate Compound. I've never used it but I have used other Megs machine polishes and they are easy to use.

Poorboys Black hole glaze - A must especially as you are new to polishing. You won't eliminate the swirls straight away. This will help fill the remaining swirls and RDS and leaves a nice surface to wax onto.

I would spend a few quid and buy Blackfire sealant though.... I have raved about it for years and I honestly don't know anyone that's tried it and hasn't been blown away by it.

Don't forget cloths and polishing pads as these can be more expensive than you'd think.

I'm assuming you have decent car shampoo and can clay etc already? Obviously before polishing a car the paint should be clean and clear of contaminates. Make sure to wash, de tar / de bug and clay the car, wash again and then dry ready for polish.

I'm not sure on what you have product or experience wise so I apologise if I'm teaching you to suck eggs or typing stuff thats going over your head. Just ask the questions and I (and others) will help answer them as best we can. :)

• 4 weeks later...