P2 Service - price gauge...

rogerxp

My car needs its P2 service next month but want to gauge the price quoted by Westway Stockport. They've quoted £299 - is this reasonable - anyone got any other cheaper quotes (if you say where from I'll get a quote from them).

I know I can probably supply my own oil which helps (any idea how many litres are required?) but interested to hear how much assuming they provide the oil - this might happen next week so might not have enough time to prepare.

I'm sure this must have been discussed before but nothing came up on a search (unless there's a special place I didn't look in).

Thanks in advance.

Get an independant garage to do it using proper oem parts and you will save yourself a fortune. I would recommend doing it yourself if you are able but guess the car is still under warranty so you need a stamp in the service book.

My P2 was nearly £100 more than that, but that's SE prices for you :shrug:

For peace of mind (even though it costs), I have decided to have the servicing caried out by a Nissan HPC that I have found to be helpful and may help when it comes to sale or post-warranty issues - even thinking of goodwill gestures should something untoward arise.

• 4 months later...

About to get a P1 done with Nissan £150 with me supplying the oil. Would have been £210 without. Worth remembering you get the RAC cover as well + stamp for what it's worth. The P2 is £345 so £299 isn't bad, I'd supply the oil so you know what's going in.

4.9 litres needed..got mine from opie oils trader on here. 350zuk code gives 10% off.

Edited by philb1965

paid about £100 for all my bits took it to my mates (independant) gave him £60 oil,brake fluid,plugs, & winter check all done..sod off nissan :lol:

no stamp but im not really that bothered :shrug:

Hope your mate spotted it was not a 370 he was servicing........

paid about £100 for all my bits took it to my mates (independant) gave him £60 oil,brake fluid,plugs, & winter check all done..sod off nissan :lol:

no stamp but im not really that bothered :shrug:

Hope your mate spotted it was not a 370 he was servicing........

Luckily he knows about my projects :lol: he reckons that i would have to mention it to garages in future what it is, as they will prob do just that !!

If you're within driving distance of Westway Stockport I'd take it to Lockwood & Greenwood instead. Been there twice, definitely recommend them over a Nissan dealer. And you still get a stamp that says Nissan as I think they're Nissan approved something or other.

I had my P2 done in Nov be Kaizer motor (see trader section) for a very reasonable price. Not sure what current prices are but see here for an indication: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/63844-warning-on-nissan-service-cost/page__hl__price#entry947868 Very happy with the price and even more so the service.

It has since occured to me that some of the more expensive quotes may have included spark plugs which would go someway to explain the price differential, other than that i struggled to see what justified the £300-£400 price bracket of some quotes i got. Fag packet calcs but £400 would be somewhere in the region of 100% mark up on parts/fluids and £200 labour - this seems exessive to me.

Saying that c£200 from Nissan if it includes breakdown cover seems pretty reasonable but the numerous threads on here and many other marque specific forums lead me to doubt if the work would be up to scratch.