Different Suspension Problem

FooFighter

I used to have slightly soggy squeeky suspension on my 05 plate Zed until I got new drop links and banana bar bushes from Alex about six months ago. That seemed to sort things out nicely (thanks Alex) but now I have a new suspension issue.

The car feels like it is on slight camber (leaning towards the passenger side) even on flat ground and reacts more to awkward cambers on the road. I asked the garage to have look when my car was in for a service the other week and they couldn't find anything. They measured the suspension height and checked the bushes and say everything is fine. Something feels a bit wrong with the car though and I would welcome the wisdom of the Zed Club on what it might be.

i may be imagining things but the steering also doesn't seem to feel as sharp as it did which may be related. My car has done about 50,000 miles.

Many thanks

Ed

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I have checked my tyre pressures which are fine (35 psi all round). I have Bridgestones all round (the new ones, REO50's?) which still have around 4 to 5 mm of tread.

I dont know whether my wheels were aligned when I got the bushes fitted by the garage (am a mechanical dunce) but I assume so because the car felt spot on for several months afterwards and has only recently gone off.

Ed

Sounds silly, but how many speed bumps are there in your area? I live in a part of Surrey where the borough council are clearly in favour of rendering the roads unusable to anyone not in a large gas-guzzling chelsea tractor. As a result my suspension needs re-aligning every week or so (mild exeggeration). It's those ones that you're supposed to go one wheel either side of that do it i'm sure.

DB

Not wanting to sound insensitive, but how heavy are you?

You know, if everything on the car checks out..... :shrug:

:lol:

When I have my alignment done I always sit in the car as generally I don`t have passengers when pushing on so I have the car setup to compensate for my weight

Update

Had my alignment checked and adjusted on Friday and my car feels like it should again. Many thanks to everyone for your help.

I had my alignment done at Autodynamics in Sheffield based on a recommendation on an old thread in the suspension section. I would recommend them too. Nice people who are very enthusiastic about what they do.

Ed