Jeremy Foley's crash at Pikes Peak

HaydnH

Jees !!! Bet their heads are sore. Surprising that there isn't better safety precautions really

It sounds like the safety of the cars is pretty good though - that thing looks like its just a roll cage with seats in by the end and they're ok!

Jees !!! Bet their heads are sore. Surprising that there isn't better safety precautions really

I've driven up and obviously down Pike's Peak. There are no safety barriers at at all so definitely not for the faint hearted, in places there are drops of several thousand feet. Going up is pretty scary, I don't think I exceeded 30 and there were at the time sections of graded roads rather than ashpalt. The drive to the top and back is around 50 miles but to give you an idea of how steep it is there is a sign at the bottom saying don't enter unless you have at least half a tank full of gas :scare:. At 14,100 feet I believe its the second highest road in The U.S. It costs around $25 to do the drive but the views from the top are stunning :thumbs:

Pete