Playstation 3 Ordered

sinbad

Ordered this on Monday and get it on 2nd of may, Can't Wait! :teeth::teeth:

I got mine out of of the catalogue as it's buy now pay feb but i know Toys'r'us and argos are usually pretty cheap. Think toy's'r'us where selling them with a few games for £499.

Expensive but worth it.

Anyone else ordered one?

The Wii is a great idea and I'm surprised it wasn't done sooner butttttttttt I think the Wii itself is just a quick entertainment and I'd bore of it very quickly. And the graphics remind me of stuff from years ago.

The Xbox is a let down for me as well. I only play racing games on consoles as I find first person shooters to be a waste of time without a mouse. I've played two racing games on the Xbox and they suck. Graphics are great but realism is not good. Have used the steering wheel and pedals that are expensive and uncomfortable and discovered that the force feedback update still isn't available for Test Drive unlimited. Without it the game is useless. Project Gotham Racing 3 is probably the easiest game ever. Turned it off after 10 mins.

As I said I’ll wait for GT5HD on the PS3 before buying it.

Guy

I beleive GT5 is out early next year. I was going to wait for this too but with the buy now pay feb option, i just thought why not!! Should be an awesome game.

Have you tried Forza Motorsport, it doesn't have the best graphics but loads of cars and you can mod them too with o.k physics. i only had a small go on it but it seemed pretty good.

PGR was too arcadey for me.

At €650 to 700 I see no point in buying the PS3 until GT5 is out.

Seen a few ads for Forza Motorsport but I’ve been using a mates 360 for a while and he’s not going to buy any more games. He only got it at Christmas and is equally disappointed. He’s planning on trading it in for the PS3 this month. Getting about 50% off with the trade in.

I did play PGR online. Spent some time annoying the @*!# out of a motorbike rider from France I think. He was screaming abuse at me.

I really should get back to finishing GT4. It’ll probably take me the rest of the year with those 24 hrs races.

Guy

Same here, i got upto 98 or 99% within 2 month but the last series of races (at well over few hours per race) i just cant be bothered. ive got pretty much every car going anyyay. If your PC is any good i'd recomend GTR2. The physics engine is pretty good, plenty of character (understeer, oversteer) to each model of car. I found the single player pretty boring after a while but the online gaming isnt as bad - some good competition. The setups can be pretty detailed you can even get Motec software on your pc to link up with the game for your setups.

Just ordered RACE too which is by the same developer but World touring cars.

The UK/European price is a joke IMO. In Hong Kong, the official price is about HKD$3500, which equates to around £200-250 in real money...and that's for the 60Gb pack. I was tempted to buy one to sell on - undercutting the official UK price, not trying to take the pi$$ like others that I have seen.

The guys who designed the ps3 where high on crack i think ...

why on earth did they make the machine the way it is, its completely ridiculous, unflexible and utter sh*** if you want to code any kind of "intelligent" or more advanced behaviour in your game. :wacko:

I'm spending £500 on a console because i can. Don't see why i shouldn't. Most my friends have xbox 360's so i can go on them pretty much when i want. PGR isn't for me as i found it too easy, i was impressed with Gears of War but it was too short. Plus i don't find paying to go online a plus point when the PS3 is free. I'm not seeing my purchase of the PS3 as a console only, i'm looking at it as a entertainment system as it will also play HD DVD's etc.. which the xbox can do but only as a £130 add on. then you've got wireless connectivity, blu-ray and usb chargers which all come free with the PS3 but are added extras for the xbox and these are all things that i want. Games for the PS3 are also going to be generally cheaper than 360's too. It will add up over time. There are offers for the Premium pack with a game for £499.

local hmv had 8 pre-orders left 3 week ago now they have 11 either 3 cancelled or they have got more pre-order stock (unlikely)

the way i see it i buy a console on the games it plays, the forest scene in D.O.A 3 on the xbox did it for me over the PS2 and likewise there was more games i'd like to play on the xbox360 hence my purchase :)

Ah sod it, it looks like its just you & me Sinbad. Finally bit the bullet and ordered it last night, as I said to the missus when I got back in the car - that'll teach her for sending me in the video shop on my own :D

Got plenty of mates with the Xbox but I'm with Sinbad, I'm also gonna be using it as a Blu Ray player etc. The HD add on for the Xbox is not only bulky but noisy and the overall cost of the 2 combined isn't far off the price of the PS3.

The choice of games is a little limited, but the thing hasn't even launced yet, give it a month or two and they'll be tons out for it. Plus you're not gonna play/own them all straight away anyway so, for me, the limited choice of games at the moment isn't an issue.

Also I've got a PS2 to trade in with a stack of games so its gonna work out just a little over half price.

ROLL ON FRIDAY!!!! :thumbs: