turbo/supercharger

nathanbounce

Any further info?

That is pretty vague and as turbos and supercharger behave differently you should probably decide which you want.

Also, do you want basic kits, full kits?

Are you in the uk and the car RHD?

FFS :headhurt:

This place is turning into that US forum that we all know and hate.

Is it really so hard to look through the million and one threads already in existence across many forums about forced induction options?

The fact that you've not even decided on turbo or SC makes me sceptical that you've got a specific kit in mind, which further casts doubt that you have the remotest clue what you'd be getting youself in for by going for forced induction. FI on Zeds is not easy or cheap. In fact that rule applies to upgrading the power full stop.

DB

Rite first of all ,im new to this site and new to the 350z scene .I have always owned and tunned mitsi evos ,so for the guys who want to jump on this tread thinking i dont know what im talking about ,i suggest u find other thread to waste your assumtions on.It is a simple post...im looking for either a turbo or supercharger kit that is a direct bolt on for my car .I know all about spporting mods that will be needed and i am looking on acheiving hi 400bhp from the build.So if anyone has any of the above second hand or new i would be apreciate some postive feedback guys.O and im in the uk,from wales, and my car is a 07 350z gt with the hr engine. :rant: over :D

Rite first of all ,im new to this site and new to the 350z scene .I have always owned and tunned mitsi evos ,so for the guys who want to jump on this tread thinking i dont know what im talking about ,i suggest u find other thread to waste your assumtions on.It is a simple post...im looking for either a turbo or supercharger kit that is a direct bolt on for my car .I know all about spporting mods that will be needed and i am looking on acheiving hi 400bhp from the build.So if anyone has any of the above second hand or new i would be apreciate some postive feedback guys.O and im in the uk,from wales, and my car is a 07 350z gt with the hr engine. :rant: over :D

Supercharger search: search.php?keywords=Supercharger&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Turbo search: search.php?keywords=Turbo&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

There, I saved you thirty seconds of your life.

DB

Supercharger search: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/search.php ... mit=Search

Turbo search: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/search.php ... mit=Search

DB

To be fair Danny the lads asking if there are any for sale not for info about them.

Are you looking for the full shebang or are you sourcing the other bits that you need separately?

Supercharger search: search.php?keywords=Supercharger&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Turbo search: search.php?keywords=Turbo&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

DB

To be fair Danny the lads asking if there are any for sale not for info about them.

Are you looking for the full shebang or are you sourcing the other bits that you need separately?

Agreed, but what I was attempting (through the fog of 5 hours sleep in the last three days) was to get across that there is no real vortech-stylee 'bolt-on' (specified by OP) option for the VQ35HR, and as such it would be a very good idea to work out what would fulfill the requirements of his build before just buying whatever kit happened to be available.

In an attempt to actually be helpful instead of ranting: Single turbo on the dual intake HR engine would be silly and as far as I know thay don't exist. For 400bhp you'll be looking at a mild twin-turbo build (several options there) or a GTM rotrex supercharger kit (expensive). Both can be supplied and fitted by Abbey Motorsport, who are a trader on here.

DB

Did Ian ever flog his supercharger?

He's a Welshie

I believe the purchaser of the car took the SC as well :shrug:

Nope, my SC is currently on SouthernSpeeds car with a forged motor :)

Mine was for a DE as well not a HR.

OP - Good luck

cheers guys im not fussy on which road i go down ,turbo or sc,im just looking for some extra grunt and a littlre prodject.if anyone has got anything of interest,please feel free to pm me :)

Try pming abbey maybe? They have stuff for sale every now and again.

Would you be open to the idea of importing it from america?

cheers dblock,ill drop him a pm now,and i would consider importing if i find something for a good price

The bulk of the Abbey crew has left for Germany today for the Nitro Olympix so don't be put off if you don't get an immediate reply. They're worth hanging on for though.

And incase you're not familiar with what they get up to on their weekend jaunts .....

...there is no real vortech-stylee 'bolt-on' (specified by OP) option for the VQ35HR...

...GTM rotrex supercharger kit (expensive)...

The GTM kit is bolt-on, the instructions are good and they send you an Uprev map to install yourself once you've sent them the diagnostics.... it obviously won't be as good as getting a decent uprev on a dyno though.

...there is no real vortech-stylee 'bolt-on' (specified by OP) option for the VQ35HR...

The GTM kit is bolt-on, the instructions are good and they send you an Uprev map to install yourself once you've sent them the diagnostics.... it obviously won't be as good as getting a decent uprev on a dyno though.

At least then you have an UpRev license so can then get dyno time to tweak the map if need be.

Man, I really failed at expressing myself last night, lol. Yes, the GTM kit is bolt on, but I wouldn't really put it in the same class as the vortech price-wise is what I meant. Vortechs are dirt-cheap, but the cheapest bolt-on kit from GTM is the best part of £4,500 before you pay any shipping, import tax or VAT on it. I expect you'd be looking at around £6,000 for the kit to your door, but it seems to be worth the extra money if you can afford it. With the numbers that people have got out of this kit I can't see why you'd buy a TT kit anymore unless you'r after truly stupid power.

A note on the GTM uprev maps; initially they only intended them to be a safe-ish map to get the car to a tuner, but some people (Americans) didn't realise this and there were quite a few problems with cars running like crap and/or breaking down when run long-term on the base maps. I don't know whether this problem still exists or whether they have improved the base map, but personally I'd want to have such a high-power car running on a custom tune specific to that engine, but maybe I'm over-cautious.

DB