Shocking Nissan HPC experience West Way Manchester

Alex C

- I made it clear that I had a budget of £20-21K and wanted to compare to other cars in the same price bracket (B7 RS4, 335i). *Salesman's alarm bells going off* He's sensing someone who is not here to even potentially buy a 370z never mind the actual car they have.

Maybe yes, but is the expectation that based only on the looks of the car, I wil dismiss all other competitors immediately? I have to drive each manufacturers respective products and make a decision on their merits. It sounds like what I need to do is go to a dealer, lie to them that I definitely want to buy their car that day, get a test drive and then walk out. Unfortunately that isn't my way of dealing with people.

Just go and get a 335i already, apart from the looks department beats the Z for everything else :p.

When you do go to a BMW showroom make sure you don't look like a hobo, when I went to pick up my 335i (having already paid for it) i turned up in a T shirt, cheap ASDA jeans, trainers unshaven...the girls on the reception desk did their best to pretend I didn't exist and totally ignored me. I found it quite funny but was happy to walk around admiring my new ride, it wasn't until I started pulling at the door handles the salesman saw me and came over to give me the key :lol:.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to sum up, different dealers are different, and its best to call at least 2 hours in advance and not to look a tramp. :D

TBH, I dont know what the difficulty is in phoning and telling them you want a drive and asking when that would be possible is ............ parajack, I bet if you phoned whatever dealer it was now and told them youd like to drive a 370 in 3 hours or so they would be more than happy to let you :thumbs:

So to sum up, different dealers are different, and its best to call at least 2 hours in advance and not to look a tramp. :D

TBH, I dont know what the difficulty is in phoning and telling them you want a drive and asking when that would be possible is ............ parajack, I bet if you phoned whatever dealer it was now and told them youd like to drive a 370 in 3 hours or so they would be more than happy to let you :thumbs:

lol I never go anywhere looking like a tramp, the watches I wear for everyday use are worth more than the average person earns in a month...or more ;) Obviously the Audi guy knows his watches and that's why he offered the TTS drive without the need to book in lol :)

West Way Rochdale were OK with me, usual salesman talk etc but as soon as they realised I was serious they cut all the bull and hunted down for a deal. Also had a good experience with the Service Manager at West Way Manchester.

I like to ammend this :rant: I've left 3 messages for the Service Manager now at Manchester (after we had made an agreement that suited us both), and had no call back. Called today and he's on holiday for a week, and no-one else can help me :bang: Next Monday morning he'll be getting another call. All this for £15..... :doh:

• 2 years later...

The mechanics at Westway Rochdale are grumpy and obnoxious. The blonde lady behind the main desk is a little snappy and direct.

The guy from the parts department is super helpful and friendly.

Sales - they let me test drive an 07 350Z. Just gave me the keys and said off you go.