I'm looking into buying a 350z

Steven350

i have to say, RM CYA's looks like a stunner.

the tan leather is better in the flesh and adds something to the car. i had the black leather in the 350 but now have the red leather on a black car it just adds something special.

face lift car with the better interior too!! V, nice

plus the added NISMO exhaust and the other bits. JOB DONE!!

but if its not what you want then the search continues......................................... :thumbs:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it might be worth my while going to view some with the tan interior to get a feel for it in the flesh.

Also, what are your opinions on having the car wrapped in black rather than specifically setting out to buy a black one. The way I see it is:

- This will give me more of a selection

- Help bring the initial cost down

- Any existing marks in the paintwork wont be a problem

- The wrapping wont chip as easily as the paint

Would this be a good option or are there any major drawbacks that would render this idea pointless?

Wrapped cars rarely look as good as painted ones, the wrap will cost you the best part of what a respray does as well. If you like that one, why not swap the seats out for something else? :)

+1

The Alzean and black looks lovely in my opinion.........piccies rarely show Alzean off in its best light. Its really not that bad - personally I prefer it to black leather :yawn:

Wrapped cars rarely look as good as painted ones, the wrap will cost you the best part of what a respray does as well. If you like that one, why not swap the seats out for something else? :)

+1

The Alzean and black looks lovely in my opinion.........piccies rarely show Alzean off in its best light. Its really not that bad - personally I prefer it to black leather :yawn:

Yeah, I'll definitely look into viewing one in the flesh. Were black and tan the only original options or were there others?

As others have stated, this is easy. You can either buy aftermarket seats that are a bit different or buy a set of OEM black leather. I just sold a set that were picked up today for £400. Punt on the Alzean ones you take out and you are laughing. :thumbs:

.....and yes black was the standard GT issue with Alzean being the upgrade. :thumbs:

Yeah, I'll definitely look into viewing one in the flesh. Were black and tan the only original options or were there others?

I have an import car with cloth seats and *shock horror* I prefer them to the leather. They wear a lot better too :)

After a bit of insurance research it seems that the pre facelift is a lot cheaper to insure than the facelift version. This is making me sway more towards pre facelift. Also, suprisingly, I found that the GT4 is cheaper to insure than a standard model.

I think it might be the GT4 for me, however, from searching on the internet it seems there aren't many for sale which isn't suprising due to the limited numbers.

The search goes on.......

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

In budget and 2 grand in your skyrocket.

I'm checking this out at the weekend, looks like a potential bargain.

The gt4 only came in kuro and yellow, guessing this has been resprayed?

This looks strange. Ok, fair enough it states its been wrapped in white, so there should be either Kuro Black or Ultra Yellow paint underneath. But how would you know what sort of condition the paint underneath is in? Also, no GT4's came with Alezan interior afaik. This must have been added also, including the steering wheel etc.

I smell a rat here generally!

In budget and 2 grand in your skyrocket.

I'm checking this out at the weekend, looks like a potential bargain.

The gt4 only came in kuro and yellow, guessing this has been resprayed?

It's been wrapped in pearlescent white, you can see the state of the wrap on the front bumper, looks like the bumpers be cracked, but it's just the wrap has got a chip in it and is starting to tear. Also appears to be a black GT4, rather than the more illustrious yellow.

Far be it from me to cast any aspersions about garages that i don't actually know but I called about this car the other day.......whilst pondering the future of my Merc (possibling involving a baseball bat and lots of redbull)............they sounded unconvincing to me.

Don't know why but something just puts me off about dealing with a company called 'Part Exchange Clearance Centre'.....it sounds a bit like a car charity shop.

I want the garage I buy a car from to be called 'Sonic Motors' or 'Prestige Marquee Emporimum' 'Warbastard Cars'.........it instills confidence.

Mine sounds like it could be up your street, just put it up

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=64317

Looks stunning and local to me, but over my puny budget of 8k. The op can give me 1k to buy rm's car and ill help get him a zed :lol:

Seriously to the op there are a few black zeds on autotrader, but they are pricey.

I think you guys have twisted my arm and I've come round to the tan leather. From a number of pictures I've seen it actually looks like the tan leather ages a lot better than the black. Has this just been sheer luck from the pictures I've seen or is this widely regarded as being true?

Also, what do you make of this one:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4071988.htm

+1

Depends on which year but Black Leather or Frost Grey Leather were the only options on the GT pack seat wise. The tan or Alezan Orange as its actually known was an optional option which cost £650 on top of the GT pack.

They are very hard to photograph, in photos of mine they look mega orange, but in real life its more like a light tan orange. I dont normally like tan interiors, but the Alezan Orange does look good and really sets the car off. My car had 41k miles on it and the seats still looked brand new, although i did treat them with the proper leather stuff every 4 months religiously. The only problem on the Alezan Orange interior is that the gear knob seems to wear MEGA quickly and the original ones arent cheap to replace unless you go for an after market one.

I think you guys have twisted my arm and I've come round to the tan leather. From a number of pictures I've seen it actually looks like the tan leather ages a lot better than the black. Has this just been sheer luck from the pictures I've seen or is this widely regarded as being true?

Also, what do you make of this one:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4071988.htm

Looks like a nice car, but for that sort of money you are nearly on 313 money, and id definitely be looking for one of them if you are going to spend that sort of money.

What is the difference in insurance cost? You would be better going for the facelift I think, lots of updates and a better engine. If you really want to go the prefacelift route, you will end up modding it to get it up to facelift power levels anyway which will cost more than the insurance difference :lol:

I've found the difference in price between the pre facelift and facelift models to be quite large. I'm yet to find a facelift at a price i consider to bee good. Its maybe just a case of waiting and seeing if anything comes up though.

You don't think RM CYA's is reasonable?

Anyway, take it form someone who was thinking like you, car is a bit cheaper and tax is a bit cheaper so it leaves you more money to insure it and run it. After having mine for 5 months, I really wish i'd spent the extra on an 06 facelift. I really love the newer lights and they'll cost you nearly a grand, then you have the LED rear lights which will cost you another couple of hundred. Not to mention the extra 20 horses which will cost you an up-rev, an exhaust and hight flow drop in filter = another grand+. So for another 2.5k you could have a decent enough 04 car with the power and main upgrades to match the looks of the 06+.

Total cost 9k, which is about the same as you'll pay for a great looking 06+, but it'll have 2 more years of mileage, seat wear and corrosion. Plus, you'll never be able to get the upgraded interior of the 06+ in an 04 without selling your liver.

Just buy the 06+, I wish I had.

I've found the difference in price between the pre facelift and facelift models to be quite large. I'm yet to find a facelift at a price i consider to bee good. Its maybe just a case of waiting and seeing if anything comes up though.

You don't think RM CYA's is reasonable?

Anyway, take it form someone who was thinking like you, car is a bit cheaper and tax is a bit cheaper so it leaves you more money to insure it and run it. After having mine for 5 months, I really wish i'd spent the extra on an 06 facelift. I really love the newer lights and they'll cost you nearly a grand, then you have the LED rear lights which will cost you another couple of hundred. Not to mention the extra 20 horses which will cost you an up-rev, an exhaust and hight flow drop in filter = another grand+. So for another 2.5k you could have a decent enough 04 car with the power and main upgrades to match the looks of the 06+.

Total cost 9k, which is about the same as you'll pay for a great looking 06+, but it'll have 2 more years of mileage, seat wear and corrosion. Plus, you'll never be able to get the upgraded interior of the 06+ in an 04 without selling your liver.

Just buy the 06+, I wish I had.

I did the same sort of thinking when I bought my 313. Whilst the road tax was double the cost, i figured the extra 33bhp, the higher rev limit, better handling, nicer interior and all the other improvements Nissan did when they overhauled the old zed to produce the 313 model was well worth it. I cant remember all the improvements now, but theres a thread on here where they are listed and its quite a long list!

I figured if I bought an older zed, sure it would be cheaper, but id end up spending on mods just to try and get it up to 300bhp and end up spending the same amount anyway.

I'd like to see the car in person and given that rmcya's is located in London that wasn't really plausible. It's sold now anyway.

So I'm looking at paying £9500 for a facelift model?

Looking on autotrader £9500 should get you a totally minter good spec low mileage 2007 313 model from a garage with warranty. So, if buying privately you should be able to find one a bit less than that.

Not many black ones around for that price :( If possible I was hoping to include my insurance in my £10,000 budget. Given that my insurace is going to be about £1,000-£1,200 I'm looking to spend between £8,000 - £9,000.

Good luck getting a black facelift for 9k. I too want a facelift, can afford it, but the extra in tax and initial outlay is really off putting. Unless I can pick one up for a bargain price of 8k then pre facelift it is for me too.

Probably a "how long is a piece of string question" but how much would you, out should you be winning to negotiate off of trade poor private buys?

Not many black ones around for that price :( If possible I was hoping to include my insurance in my £10,000 budget. Given that my insurace is going to be about £1,000-£1,200 I'm looking to spend between £8,000 - £9,000.

Good luck getting a black facelift for 9k. I too want a facelift, can afford it, but the extra in tax and initial outlay is really off putting. Unless I can pick one up for a bargain price of 8k then pre facelift it is for me too.

Probably a "how long is a piece of string question" but how much would you, out should you be winning to negotiate off of trade poor private buys?

Sorry I don't understand your question