I'm looking into buying a 350z

Steven350

I'm fairly new to the site and have mainly been a reader, I thought it was time to post as I am now serious about buying a 350z. Realistically, it could be another few months before I find the one I'm after but I am willing to be patient.

I've been looking around several websites for the past 2 months now to try and get a feel for the market and the car. These are some of my preferences:

Budget: £10,000 (max)

Year: 2004 onwards

Mileage: Not too fussed unless it's something crazy

Version: GT

Colour: Black (this is very important to me)

Interior: I'm not a big fan of the tan interior, I'd ideally want black leather

I'm aware of the facelift versions from 2006 onwards but I'm not desperate for one of these (unless anyone can convince me otherwise) Black is the only colour I am after and I'd like the car to have no mods (I only plan on putting black alloys on it).

I just wanted to see if you guys had any advice and also if you could help me critique some adverts that I come across. I feel that your experience will be a valuable asset when it comes to me declaring a serious interest.

First of all, what do you make of these three cars:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-350z-3-5-V6-GT-300-Facelift-/280930021810?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4168bbf1b2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-GRAN-TURISMO-4-BLACK-GT4-Sports-car-/120956393803?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c2990194b

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-COUPE-V6-BLACK-WITH-LOWER-THAN-AVERAGE-MILEAGE-/310417448162?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4846525ce2

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't view ebay in work but you are working with a very healthy budget there.

Unfortunately you've just Missed Cragus's car which sounds exactly what you were looking for!

Remember 2006 means higher tax as well as more power.

:welcome:

Good to see someone with a good idea of what they want and a realistic healthy budget :thumbs:

That GT4 looks like a really good buy if you plan to keep it stock. If you hang on to those GT4 wheels when you stick some black ones one you'll be able to return it to stock GT4 form if you ever want to sell it on, which will raise the value slightly.

DB

Thanks for the quick responses guys, it's comforting to know that people are willing to chip in and help on this forum.

Ricey: I've been looking through the for sale section recently, I may have seen Cragus' car previously, can you post a link to the thread? I know it's sold but seeing some pictures and advert information may help.

DannyBoy: The GT4 is something I am aware of but don't know much about. Can you explain it a bit more to someone like me?

Coldel: Agreed on keeping it clean but hopefully if I get the right car this is something I wont grow to hate. I like your sig, I'm assuming this is the car you own. Can you give me some information on your purchase and possibly some advice?

Thanks for the quick responses guys, it's comforting to know that people are willing to chip in and help on this forum.

Ricey: I've been looking through the for sale section recently, I may have seen Cragus' car previously, can you post a link to the thread? I know it's sold but seeing some pictures and advert information may help.

DannyBoy: The GT4 is something I am aware of but don't know much about. Can you explain it a bit more to someone like me?

Coldel: Agreed on keeping it clean but hopefully if I get the right car this is something I wont grow to hate. I like your sig, I'm assuming this is the car you own. Can you give me some information on your purchase and possibly some advice?

The GT4 will be basically a normal pre 06 facelift car but with the facelift 300ps (296 bhp) engine and a small plaque inside indicating the ltd edition number, this one being number 12 or 176.

Out of those i'd go for the GT4, but with a budget of £10k you should be able to get a better car for a better price than those. The first one has pretty high mileage for the money and the last one is way over priced, £8k for an immaculate GT4 would be OK I guess, but i'd rather spend the extra to get the full 06 facelift with the upgraded interior, rear LED lights and facelift front BiXenons which in my opinion, make the car looks quite a bit better.

Ricey: Yeah I did see Cragus' car then and agreed it is stunning. As you mentioned though, it was out my price range and I'd like to avoid modifications to keep my insurance as low as possible. The car on autotrader also looks good, would I get something similar for cheaper?

KyleR: What do 06 facelift's usually sell for?

Unfortunately your always going to be paying a premium for Black.

I personally think that car is very expensive but its expensive for a reason.........its Black!

Widen to other colours and yes you can pick up a right bargain with similar spec/milage

24 Black Zed nationally with your criteria (excluding the requirement to be a UK car).

£5495 for a CATD with 60k on the clock

£7000 for a 2005 with 98k on the clock

£7000 for a 2005 with 49k on the clock but no piccies so unsure if UK car.

£7795 for a 2004 with 89k on the clock

Took a look at it earlier. Car looks stunning and in great condition. The only thing putting me off is the tan coloured leather. Otherwise, this would be ideally but I'm quite fussy about things like that.

A few people say this, but when seeing the seats in person, they change their mind as they are so much nicer than black. I personally prefer them to black (obviously lol), especially against the black bodywork.

:thumbs:

Ricey: Yeah I did see Cragus' car then and agreed it is stunning. As you mentioned though, it was out my price range and I'd like to avoid modifications to keep my insurance as low as possible. The car on autotrader also looks good, would I get something similar for cheaper?

KyleR: What do 06 facelift's usually sell for?

Give rm cya £9k and walk away very happy. Nismo exhaust is about £1300 and is possibly one of the most sought after exhausts around, it's also got premium branded spacers and springs which finish off the look of the super light Ray's alloys and although you're not a fan, the Alezan leather was a £600 upgrade and IMO, looks amazing against a black car.

To answer your question, it depends on mileage etc, i've seen them go for about £8k, but then they'll have over average miles. Also seem them advertised for about £10 but take a long time to go because for another £1k you can get the 07+ version which has a nearly completely new engine with 309bhp, so about £9k for a well looked after one with good miles and service history is bang on, in my opinion of course.

Give rm cya £9k and walk away very happy. Nismo exhaust is about £1300 and is possibly one of the most sought after exhausts around, it's also got premium branded spacers and springs which finish off the look of the super light Ray's alloys and although you're not a fan, the Alezan leather was a £600 upgrade and IMO, looks amazing against a black car.

To answer your question, it depends on mileage etc, i've seen them go for about £8k, but then they'll have over average miles. Also seem them advertised for about £10 but take a long time to go because for another £1k you can get the 07+ version which has a nearly completely new engine with 309bhp, so about £9k for a well looked after one with good miles and service history is bang on, in my opinion of course.

Beer tokens for you sir! ;)

Beer tokens for you sir! ;)

How about that exhaust instead? :drunk: