The suns out so lets get cleaning!!!!!!!!!

Sarnie

Today saw for first mildly warm sunny saturday morning in ages and what better way to spend it than cleaning ya zed B)

To be fair it was mucky as hell!!

Spent three hours going throught the following process:

Hosing it down to get off all the excess muck

Washed with Meguairs Goldclass shampoo using the Wash Mitt

Rinsed it all off

Dried with the water magnet B)

AutoGlym Ultra Deep Shine polish applied

Polish buffed off

Meguairs Hot Rims cleaner applied to wheels

Washed off with water and sponge

Wheel then rinsed off with the hose

Dried wheels

Meguairs Endurance Gloss applied to tyres

Poor boys wheel wax apllied to rims and then buffed off

Autosol used to clean zorst tips and back box

Phew! :surrender:

Results:

WashDay003.jpg

WashDay005.jpg

WashDay001.jpg

WashDay002.jpg

WashDay004.jpg

WashDay006.jpg

Very tired, but a happy chap :blush:

What do you think? Could i miss out some of the steps? Or even add some more? Or change the products for something better?

:teeth:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice :D

Good bit of hard grind gone into that shine.

I was gona do the same but instead had to play quick 9 holes of golf....hard work that was..& I won!! :yahoo: (for once :dry:) Won the bet of my mate buying a Nandos!

That does look very nice B)

Some very nice products used there :)

Have you tried the Meguiars NXT range..? I have tried both the Autoglym and NXT and find very little difference, aside from the fact that the Autoglym does have a slight (very slight!) cut to it. It will happily remove water marks and does a good job of hiding fine swirl marks.

I tend to use both, depending on what finish I'm after. For the summer, why not give the NXT a go..?

Possible additions might be: Scratch X is great for remove fine scratches, swirls if you have any. (worth getting as slight marks are inevitable at some point!)

I also like to use Meguiars Speed Detailer in between washes, to keep up the shine without using up 2/3 hours! Speed Wax is cool stuff for doing this as well - but perhaps their best use is the exposed paintwork as you open the doors - often overlooked - and it keeps it looking reall good :)

A world of detailing possibilities..!

Have you tried the Meguiars NXT range..? I have tried both the Autoglym and NXT and find very little difference, aside from the fact that the Autoglym does have a slight (very slight!) cut to it. It will happily remove water marks and does a good job of hiding fine swirl marks.

I tend to use both, depending on what finish I'm after. For the summer, why not give the NXT a go..?

Possible additions might be: Scratch X is great for remove fine scratches, swirls if you have any. (worth getting as slight marks are inevitable at some point!)

I also like to use Meguiars Speed Detailer in between washes, to keep up the shine without using up 2/3 hours! Speed Wax is cool stuff for doing this as well - but perhaps their best use is the exposed paintwork as you open the doors - often overlooked - and it keeps it looking reall good :)

Yep used to use the NXT wax religiously. I found it very easy to apply and buff off. Left no residue whatsoever,the finish was quite good and was very quick to use, but didn't last that long.

The AG is different. Its finish is awesome and seems to last for ages! The problem is that its very hard work to buff off and can leave lots of residue if you get lazy and don't buff it off efficiently.

Swings and roundabouts etc :thumbs:

The

Yep used to use the NXT wax religiously. I found it very easy to apply and buff off. Left no residue whatsoever,the finish was quite good and was very quick to use, but didn't last that long.

The AG is different. Its finish is awesome and seems to last for ages! The problem is that its very hard work to buff off and can leave lots of residue if you get lazy and don't buff it off efficiently.

The

Yes but is the AG a polish or wax? Polish is for making your paint shiny. Wax protects your paintwork after you have polished it! If the AG is a polish and the nxt a wax then they are designed to do different things. Mequires do a polish and that too is hard to buff off just like the AG.

So remember polish = shiny. Wax = protection. :thumbs:

The

Yes but is the AG a polish or wax? Polish is for making your paint shiny. Wax protects your paintwork after you have polished it! If the AG is a polish and the nxt a wax then they are designed to do different things. Mequires do a polish and that too is hard to buff off just like the AG.

So remember polish = shiny. Wax = protection. :thumbs:

The AG is a polish Beavis, and you're right they are very different.

Sarnie, car looks bl**dy great IMO, can really see the 'deep' shine. I know what you mean about the effort on the AG but it is worth it.

Have been having a few chats with the local Lotus / Porsche approved paintshop (Elise got hit - again!! :rant: ) and I've got one new thing coming to help......

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/Stor ... ductId=117

It speeds the end up and have seen a huge difference in rinsing at the bodyshop.

Next bit is app. AG products have silicone in them. Which is no bad thing, but worth bearing in mind for paint work you might have done. App. the silicone goes deep into the paintwork, hence the great results, but makes it harder to deal with when paint it being worked on. I'm going to try and find a comparable polish, but if I can't find one then I'll stick with AG.

The best bit is the wax I found. It's P21s, and I've not seen a wet look, that lasts like this and this easy to use - ever. For the price the result is astonishing. I'd recommend to anyone right now.

Kit list looks good to me Sarnie, am sure there are those out there that would want to replace everything for a bottle that said Poorboys or Zymol on but I'm not sure you could see any difference. Certainly not for the money! :thumbs:

That will be an AutoBright Lance - around £45 and it goes onto a pressure washer. That combined with either some AB Super Snow Foam or Megs APC and you get lovely foam.

The 3rd pic is around 5 minutes after spraying it. Generally you leave it on the car for 5/10 minutes to seem into all the dirt then pressure wash it off before you go near the paintwork with any sort of mit.

The best bit is the wax I found. It's P21s, and I've not seen a wet look, that lasts like this and this easy to use - ever. For the price the result is astonishing. I'd recommend to anyone right now.

Agreed. The SEAT Cupra boys pointed me at that stuff and it looks the dogs danglies. I got the full kit from Ebay, about £40 gets you the wax, shampoo, wheel cleaner and polish. Bargin.

Nice one Sarnie, i am toying with the idea of buying a 100 gallons of ultra yellow paint and a spray gun for the wales meet, might make some big money when the others see our gleaming yellow bodys :thumbs:

Nice one Sarnie, i am toying with the idea of buying a 100 gallons of ultra yellow paint and a spray gun for the wales meet, might make some big money when the others see our gleaming yellow bodys :thumbs:

The UY is sooo much better in the flesh especially on a sunny day! :D