Opinions? Rear diffuser

ph 7

I purchased a rear diffuser a few weeks back and I'm not sure what to do. I'm not entirely sure that I'm happy with it and may sell it on here yet. Think i'm just scared of where I will end up with zeditis if I actually have it remove it.

Never ever worrie about what others think. If you like it buy it. This dam culture of doing or not doing just to appease others is nonsense.

I suggest if you feel browbeaten or intimidated you don't put pictures up for approval, as what ever you do it will be wrong.

Dangle a pair of fluffy dice from the internal mirror then post the pictures on here.

Then have a good laugh at the comments.

A couple have done similar things just to invoke a reaction.

I of course will be outraged!

:snack:

:thumbs: if you like it, keep it, if you're unsure then you could try Plastidipping it which is about £10 and will give you an idea of it in a darker colour. I'm sure a lot of people don't like a lot of other members cars, it's all personal preference and aslong as your hard earned cash keeps you happy then go for it.

Here are the pictures of the underside, so can you explain where I would put the tape? as the diffuser is hollow Do I build it up with anything to the height of the edge or am I to put 3m tape around the edge that will touch the bumper?

It looks like you have the plastic version of tha carbon one I have!

:p

Is it possible to get tigerseal off after it has been put on?

As for fixing do I just gun the tigerseal around the edge of the diffuser and press it into place; wiping the excess from around where it presses in? Or do you position the diffuser on the bumper and use the tigerseal like silicon on a bath? (bad example but as I've just refit a bathroom it is in my head)

Plastidipping is going to happen. I will probably plastidip the Rays as well after watching this review of plastidipped wheels after 6 months of use.

I reckon I need 2 cans to do the diffuser and then a can per wheel.. any excess will probably get put on the door handles...

Is there anyone here who sells plastidip cheaper than I'm currently finding it online?

Also be interested in blue plastidip as I may do a rim job :blush:

Best place to buy Plastidip is Plastidip. It's more on eBay than getting it direct. Buy more than you need as well to get the discount and save having to pay shipping again if you need to respray a wheel at some point.

I think I bought 6 cans for 4 wheels, 2 badges and 2 door handles. I still have 1 can full and unused.

Here are the pictures of the underside, so can you explain where I would put the tape? as the diffuser is hollow Do I build it up with anything to the height of the edge or am I to put 3m tape around the edge that will touch the bumper?

yours looks really nice but I'm not that big a fan of carbon fibre ( :ban: )...that said i did see a carbon roof wrap yesterday that I liked.

if I can get mine to look like your fitment then I'll be happy.

I looked at the plastidip uk website...I get the feeling that it isn't direct and that it is just someone who holds stocks. Plastidip UK isn't even listed as a distributer on the plastidip.com website yet they have links to a place in norway and russia

http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/index.php Sell it at £5 a can in the USA....how hard is it to register plastidip.co.uk by it in for £5 a can and sell it for £16....bet (s)he doesn't pay close to £5 as the order quantities would be much larger.

Thats why I wondered if any of the traders had bought any in bulk as there must be acceptable margins that could still be made without it costing £16 per tin

For instance if I add 100 cans to the basket then I can get them shipped for £161 so that is a total cost of £666 :evil: which is £6.66 per can. Lets face it 100 units is nothing and my figure of £5 per unit is inflated if you were a distributer. Obviously I haven't included any import tax but I'm imagining the unit cost will cover this.

yours looks really nice but I'm not that big a fan of carbon fibre ( :ban: )...that said i did see a carbon roof wrap yesterday that I liked.

if I can get mine to look like your fitment then I'll be happy.

I looked at the plastidip uk website...I get the feeling that it isn't direct and that it is just someone who holds stocks. Plastidip UK isn't even listed as a distributer on the plastidip.com website yet they have links to a place in norway and russia

http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/index.php Sell it at £5 a can in the USA....how hard is it to register plastidip.co.uk by it in for £5 a can and sell it for £16....bet (s)he doesn't pay close to £5 as the order quantities would be much larger.

Thats why I wondered if any of the traders had bought any in bulk as there must be acceptable margins that could still be made without it costing £16 per tin

For instance if I add 100 cans to the basket then I can get them shipped for £161 so that is a total cost of £666 :evil: which is £6.66 per can. Lets face it 100 units is nothing and my figure of £5 per unit is inflated if you were a distributer. Obviously I haven't included any import tax but I'm imagining the unit cost will cover this.

The cost gets added because plastidip has to be shipped by land or sea, which unless you're shipping a full container worth of the stuff, can get pretty expensive, then you have the import duty and tax on top of that which you mentioned.

Still, £16 a tin is ridiculous compare to the states, but something we have to grin and bare.

Just went through the whole thing on both sites.

Using that Ace Hardware place, the total cost including customs and tax for 100 tins will be around £820. I can't get an exact figure as there is nothing like paint listed with the customs and vat calculation site I used. So that'll be £8.20 +/- 15p per tin.

Using the Plastidip UK site, for 100 will cost £900, so that's £9 per tin, only around 80p per tin more expensive.

To me it would seem like an awful lot of trouble to go through to save say £3.20 doing all 4 wheels.

Mine arrived today, just resting on the exhaust like yours, i think it looks pretty damn sweet :) i'll post another pic up when it's properly fitted/sprayed (Black w/ gold pearl)

You photos have sealed the deal, I'm going to sell it. It looks great on your car and I have spotted why I was unsure, my exhaust dosen't suit it anywhere near as well as your does or the stock for that matter...and I'm not changing exhaust yet!

Glad to see yours suits the car...especially with the wheels,looks really nice together

Expect to see it in the for sale section tomorrow at some point! There are other things I need to do to my car before I go down this route. My impulse purchase will hopefully go on to someone who will love it.

I've bought one of these too. My idea is getting it sprayed black and fitted. Did you buy yours from madmotors?

Yeah i did mate, great service and can't fault them at all. I even had some guy texting me keeping me informed of what was going on! i found that very peculiar haha

PH7 im glad i was able to give you some confirmation, whatever floats your boat i guess :)

My car is coming back from the bodyshop today with the diffuser all sorted and quite a bit of other stuff done, i'll post up some pics when i get the chance :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

i had one of these fitted to my zed....i liked it.looks better with nismo side spats fitted as well..only removed mind a couple of months back as wanted a new look....mine was screwed to the bumper.2 x screw up though the exhaust apertures into the buttom of the bumper. ;)

Hi Bob,

Sorry to bother you mate, but i've just bought that rear diffuser that was being sold on here, and wanted to ask you a couple of quick questions regarding fitment.

First of all, i've got a Nismo exhaust and the rear vanes of the diffuser seem too long to fit on the car - they hit the exhaust! Did you have this problem with yours? Im thinking im either going to have to dremmel them off, or leave them in place resting on the back box...

Secondly, the shape of the diffuser isnt the best... it's going to need glue-ing into place as it doesnt fit flush with the bumper down the sides, how was the fitment on yours? Im going to have to hold it in place while the glue sets, and then fill round the edges to make a flush join.

Lastly, i saw that you screwed yours in... did you drop your exhaust in order to fit it?

Cheers

Chris.

hi mate,mine was a pretty ok fit to be honest.Had no issues of it hitting the rear box or tailpipes.Did drop the rear box to drill the holes and attact the deffuser.

i ve now remove mine and looking for something a little different :lol::teeth: