Installing Tablet/Satnav into normal 350z cubby

indy88

in terms of routing the power button i messaged ashyk36 who has also installed a Dell streak 7 into his 350z and routed the power ribbon on the tablet.

The issue with upcoming tablets and all current gen tablets is as manufacturers try to slim down the devices more and more components are integrated, for example the LCD is joined/fused to the Glass Bezel (which is fused with the Digitizer) therefore you cant remove them and this means a 7" tablet wont fit in the 350z due to the bezel around it. Therefore you are limited to older generation tablets.

I could be wrong and some of the new tablets could have separate LCD, Digitizer and bezel but I highly doubt it....

Cheap budget low spec ones do. It only seems to be the nicer high spec ones like the Nexus, Galaxy Tab, Iconia, Kindle etc that have fused screen to glass.

I still think its doable, just would require some fabrication work to the cubby thats all. The Nexus 7 would definitely fit in the dash in one piece with some modification to the cubby. The cubby door would need to go though I think.

Cheap budget low spec ones do. It only seems to be the nicer high spec ones like the Nexus, Galaxy Tab, Iconia, Kindle etc that have fused screen to glass.

I still think its doable, just would require some fabrication work to the cubby thats all. The Nexus 7 would definitely fit in the dash in one piece with some modification to the cubby. The cubby door would need to go though I think.

That's what I was trying to say! But I got shot down :-(

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...