My rear end

stanzed

SDC11341.jpg

Think my rear end needs something.

Dont really want to go the whole hog and get a bumper.

How about a diffuser.Would it look right or just like a bit stuck on?i.e does it need the spats as opposed to the mud flap things that are on it already?

All opinions welcome.

Sorry for poor quality photo.

Unless you roll your arches they will rub. I have the same wheels etc and theres no room for spacers. Maybe 10mm at a push but I reckon the rears will still hit. I'd also paint the bungs in the k1 black or remove them as I think they waste the look of the exhaust, as, whats the point of having huge cans with a tiny little hole coming out of it? Thats what a normal punter would think. Of course we know the reason but I would paint them black to disguise them

Right,after using the search button I now know what a bumper tuck is.

The idea is that it shows off your zorst?

But I have two tailpipes so i would be showing off fresh air.

Also been out to check and my zorst has a metal plate with the word Invidia lazer cut into it.Using the search again I found that the K1 is made by Japspeed???

One confused newbie!

Right,after using the search button I now know what a bumper tuck is.

The idea is that it shows off your zorst?

But I have two tailpipes so i would be showing off fresh air.

Also been out to check and my zorst has a metal plate with the word Invidia lazer cut into it.Using the search again I found that the K1 is made by Japspeed???

One confused newbie!

Invidia also made a k1 and so did ESR. Japspeed version is junk. The original k1 was made by ESR i'm sure

Nice Zed! B)

Personally I think your right though, it needs something more at the rear. I think the worst thing about the Zed is it's high rear end, and in my opinion a bumper tuck only makes it worse :blush: (waits to be flamed) :stir: especially if you have side skirts.

There are a few options for add-ons such as defusers that I think finishes it off nicely. I have a Speed racing rear Apron/defuser, not to everyone's taste but I really like it, and a good alternative to a whole bumper change.

P1000741.jpg

Sam I do like the look of your "apron".I will have a search for some alternatives.

And Bob,do you have a pic with your car side on? I think this may be the route I go down.

Where would be the best place to get some?

Full bumper and diffuser, including delivery fitting and painting you're looking at about £1000 - £1200

RT Performance took a copy of my bumper and I've seen 2 or 3 of those fitted. They're not 100% perfect but pretty good.

I believe the RT version all in maybe £700.

There are cheaper ways of shaping the rear end but I'm afraid Chargespeed is one of the most expensive options.

I was like you, ticked all the boxes and saved up.