am i getting bored of the z?

janoof1

....................... dunno, i might be , ive had itnow for 6months and im starting to look at other cars on the market , ive already been in bmw to look at nearly used m5's or the new 3 series coupe , ive been to audi to try and get a test drive on a new rs4 - impossible by the way , theyll only give me a go in a bog standard a4

i think im starting to lose interest in the car i was drooling over only alf a year ago , ive stopped cleaning it by hand and just drive in to the local valet place, i dont really care where i park it nowadays , the shite interior which i was happy to live with only a short while ago -is now starting to make the zed not a very good place to sit in.

then the final straw came , i booked the car in to fix/tighten the handbrake cable-and i was excited about what car they would lend me, i knew it was going to be slower than the z , but i was still exited about driving a new car :scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare:

the zed was my first car ever , and i dont know if this hapens with all owners of their cars or am i just the odd one out ?!?!?

Wait, what, you had a brand new 350z as your first car?

How old are you? Were you just slow getting into this driving lark or did your father buy your car for you or soemthing?

No disrespect but I do wonder, anyone who works hard and pays that kind of money for a car really wouldn't be bored after just 6 months.

yes was my first car , im 25 now though and have spent the last 7 years busting my ass at uni- and my job now pays alooooooooooooooot

Was on the Holden forum and seems adding a SC is not expensive and takes it to 550BHP. Oh what fun.....

Evo is not a bad car, Zed much nicer looking thou.

not sure, as Vauxhall are doing a tempting one with 4 doors, v8 and 420bhp.

Only 3-4 grand more than a Zed.

It does look like a grown up Evo though..... :dry:

....................... dunno, i might be , ive had itnow for 6months and im starting to look at other cars on the market , ive already been in bmw to look at nearly used m5's or the new 3 series coupe , ive been to audi to try and get a test drive on a new rs4 - impossible by the way , theyll only give me a go in a bog standard a4

i think im starting to lose interest in the car i was drooling over only alf a year ago , ive stopped cleaning it by hand and just drive in to the local valet place, i dont really care where i park it nowadays , the shite interior which i was happy to live with only a short while ago -is now starting to make the zed not a very good place to sit in.

then the final straw came , i booked the car in to fix/tighten the handbrake cable-and i was excited about what car they would lend me, i knew it was going to be slower than the z , but i was still exited about driving a new car :scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare:

the zed was my first car ever , and i dont know if this hapens with all owners of their cars or am i just the odd one out ?!?!?

How old are you? Were you just slow getting into this driving lark or did your father buy your car for you or soemthing?

No disrespect but I do wonder, anyone who works hard and pays that kind of money for a car really wouldn't be bored after just 6 months.

yes was my first car , im 25 now though and have spent the last 7 years busting my ass at uni- and my job now pays alooooooooooooooot

Then how can you be bored? Most peoples first car is a piece of crap; a 1.1corsa or fiesta or the like. You went straight into a 300bhp, RWD sports car, most people would give their right arm to be as lucky as you. Surely as your first car which you've worked hard to pay for you should be a lot more appreciative? Or is that just me?

Then how can you be bored? Most peoples first car is a piece of crap; a 1.1corsa or fiesta or the like. You went straight into a 300bhp, RWD sports car, most people would give their right arm to be as lucky as you. Surely as your first car which you've worked hard to pay for you should be a lot more appreciative? Or is that just me?

I really echo these thoughts, my first car was my dead grandmothers Hillman Avenger 1300 and I have steadily worked up my cars.

It happens to everyone in any car that over time you get used to the power, my old boss had an RS4 (the TT version not the new V8) tuned to 550bhp after 6 months he said it was not as exciting anymore and that is with 550bhp.

Also, power is not everything, the Z has a sweet chassis and balance, in my opinion it would be very easy to move to another car and then really miss the Z.

So, so don't rush into anything.

my first car.............. vauxhall victor............ anyone remember those........ :)

Nope :p

My first car was a J reg Vauxhall Astra with a lovley faded red paintjob, No power steering, no cd player & a leaky roof :)

The first car I ever bought was... a brand new Kuro Z (the one I have now!) - for years I didn't have a car as I've always lived in city centers (Edinburgh, London). Over those years I've driven all sorts, but as I never owned them I didn't give many hoots.

Driving black beauty away from the dealer that first night in the dark of January up a speed-bump-laden narrow street was terrifying....

...then I drove it most of the night with a grin like Johnny from The Shining!

My first car was a 950cc Mk2 Fiesta. Have an Elise, Zed and Volvo and keep moving between them is wwhat keeps it interesting. Volvo eats miles, quiet and got all the bells, Zed crushes the miles (at pace! :) ) and gives the big grin, Elise is nimble and a 'great drive' in that it's got that racing car feel to it all the time. Lucky I think, but each one has it's merits.

Try the Corsa for a week and a) see if you don't need a chiropractor or; B) don't want to push into oncoming traffic compared to your Zed. ;):D

my first car.............. vauxhall victor............ anyone remember those........ :)

I certainly do, but I bet no one on here rememebers the first car I had...

A Honda N360...???? had a twin cylinder 360cc OHC engine, looked slightly like a mini.. seem to think it was about a 1970 vintage, certainly not in the first flush of youth when it was passed on to me :) it only lasted a couple of months before I put it on it's roof :blush: Dont have a photo of it , but I seem to think it was miserable to drive :teeth:

...my first (owned) car was a 1994 Blue 1.6 Punto Sporting :thumbs:

Did have a Fiesta and a Lada Riva!... but these were borrowed. To turn the Lada was similar to turning a battleship :teeth:

My dad had a penchant for Lada Rivas when I was younger. It was devastating for a young petrolhead who was too young to have a car of his own!! :(