the zed from scratch UPDATED 01/09/12

jon.young

a few more bits fitted this weekend managed to get a 2nd hand rad panel and got it fitted makes such a difference with it fitted :D

SANY0917.jpg

SANY0918.jpg

also got the boot catch fitted but the switch by the number plate lights dosent work :wacko: checked all connections and the solenoid

SANY0916.jpg

front drivers side wing went on a dream just nedd to get it painted

SANY0922.jpg

SANY0923.jpg

and could some one tell me what this is for i assume its something to do with the sat-nav

SANY0924.jpg

i also got the little box fitted to control the heaters

so slowly but surely its coming together, just need some head-lights but im unsure if their is a difference with the jdm and uk spec lights?

as i ahve been reading some topics and its a bit confussing :scare::scare:

Door has been repaired an painted and fitted up just waiting on

Hinges so I can fit the thing

Y pipe and cats were collected from penarth yesterday

So I shall soon be able to see if the rings are gone

But surly if they r the knock sensor will stop it running???

• 1 month later...

well hears some updated pics shes almost their now, just a front brake set up pass window an motor front screen and rad fans shes then pretty much their,

bar a few other parts less of the chat more of the pics

so i had to move her to a new home as my mate started to be a c**t about it

SANY0932.jpg

SANY0926.jpg

so their is the fully painted wing an door fitted makes it so much better with it on in the correct colour

go myself a pair of lights the lenses need some attention as they have got small cracks on the inside but they came with some good wiring :angry:

IMG_0982.jpg

but i got around it and got them fitted

SANY0929.jpg

SANY0930.jpg

SANY0931.jpg

i was having no lucj finding a power steering cooler for a decent price so i found mishimotor universal cooler and got that fitted in a couple of hours

with a bit of rerouting of the pipes and some cussing as the pipe they supply is on hell of a tight fit, tried boiling water an oil in the end had to use a lot of will an determination but got their

SANY0934.jpg

SANY0935.jpg

also found a uk spec washer bottle with pumps going for £45 on ebay so i snapped that up

SANY0931.jpg

only this was it come with the headlight washer fittings so i blanked them off with some pipe, win win :teeth:

then got to the time to fit the front bumper only to find

SANY0936.jpg

SANY0937.jpg

its the wrong colour so thats going back to be sorted :p

but thats her up to date

well hears some updated pics shes almost their now, just a front brake set up pass window an motor front screen and rad fans shes then pretty much their,

bar a few other parts less of the chat more of the pics

so i had to move her to a new home as my mate started to be a c**t about it

SANY0932.jpg

SANY0926.jpg

so their is the fully painted wing an door fitted makes it so much better with it on in the correct colour

go myself a pair of lights the lenses need some attention as they have got small cracks on the inside but they came with some good wiring :angry:

IMG_0982.jpg

but i got around it and got them fitted

SANY0929.jpg

SANY0930.jpg

SANY0931.jpg

i was having no lucj finding a power steering cooler for a decent price so i found mishimotor universal cooler and got that fitted in a couple of hours

with a bit of rerouting of the pipes and some cussing as the pipe they supply is on hell of a tight fit, tried boiling water an oil in the end had to use a lot of will an determination but got their

SANY0934.jpg

SANY0935.jpg

also found a uk spec washer bottle with pumps going for £45 on ebay so i snapped that up

SANY0931.jpg

only this was it come with the headlight washer fittings so i blanked them off with some pipe, win win :teeth:

then got to the time to fit the front bumper only to find

SANY0936.jpg

SANY0937.jpg

its the wrong colour so thats going back to be sorted :p

but thats her up to date

• 2 months later...

Quick update I have rebuilt the engine and she's good had a oil pressure issue, when it was reved above 3-3.5k it was sitting at 120 psi so I dropped the oil out in the weekend,

An pulled the oil cooler an all off made sure the release valve was working and took the pressure sender out cleaned it out with tissue an she seams ok 5k and 90psi sat still.

Having fun trying to bleed the clutch sounds as its just making contact with the bearing an making a nasty noise, :(

An it grinds going to 3rd at 3k revs starting to think the box is naff :o more expense befor the final bits to finish her off

• 1 month later...

A change in circumstances for jon.young means .........................

This Project is now........

Under New Management MUHAAAAAAAA

anyone see Green in this Zeds future????

:lol: