Mondeo st220 thoughts

Neilp

Just wondering what people think of the st220 mondeo? I have a chance of one at a decent price for a runabout car.

Anybody got any experience with them? Anything to look out for?

Cheers

Just wondering what people think of the st220 mondeo? I have a chance of one at a decent price for a runabout car.

Cheers

Not directly but a good friend of mine had one, good car but very thirsty. Don't you want something a little more economical for a second car?

Cheers

Not directly but a good friend of mine had one, good car but very thirsty. Don't you want something a little more economical for a second car?

Nah we have a large fleet of thirsty motors on the drive so used to it. This will be a 6th motor so wont see many miles, probably only to the gym and back. Only thinking about buying it as its a good comfy car with a decent interior and still got v6 burble.

Like all mondeo's around that time, check the rear bushes. The car is very hard on them, I lost count of how many sets our family Mondeo went through.

Will keep the eyes open and check them all. I'm guessing the will be knocky when driving ?

Like all mondeo's around that time, check the rear bushes. The car is very hard on them, I lost count of how many sets our family Mondeo went through.

Will keep the eyes open and check them all. I'm guessing the will be knocky when driving ?

Yeah, it's a noise that can't be mistaken for anything else on those cars.

Yeah, it's a noise that can't be mistaken for anything else on those cars.

Cool cheers for that, Will keep that in mind when driving it :thumbs:

Cheers

Nah we have a large fleet of thirsty motors on the drive so used to it. This will be a 6th motor so wont see many miles, probably only to the gym and back. Only thinking about buying it as its a good comfy car with a decent interior and still got v6 burble.

6!!! Wow.

How's the gym going? Past 8 months I've been back on the weights, it's going really well. Shame about my diet though!

Cheers

6!!! Wow.

How's the gym going? Past 8 months I've been back on the weights, it's going really well. Shame about my diet though!

terrible lol, too busy at work so only making it up about 3 times a week. Diets terrible at the moment as i've been bulking. Gonna start cutting next week. Solid cardio regime for about 8 weeks should do it though. Got about a stone of fat to lose atm.

Yeah the cars arent all mines though but i'm insured on all of them and also have a work vehicle for personal use.

Its a great price and its coming from my missus dad. Its one of those cars i've always wanted to own. Beautiful shape, really nice interior.

Cheers

6!!! Wow.

terrible lol, too busy at work so only making it up about 3 times a week. Diets terrible at the moment as i've been bulking. Gonna start cutting next week. Solid cardio regime for about 8 weeks should do it though. Got about a stone of fat to lose atm.

Yeah the cars arent all mines though but i'm insured on all of them and also have a work vehicle for personal use.

Its a great price and its coming from my missus dad. Its one of those cars i've always wanted to own. Beautiful shape, really nice interior.

I've got about 2 stone of fat to shed! Lost 1 1/2 since Dec but a bit stagnant at the moment. Keep up the good work!

Dont get a taxi Neil! :lol:

If ur getting a comfortable 2nd car get a BMW- u like ur german marques

lol nah we already have an m5 in the family, no other bmw will compare to it except the m6 which I cant afford lol. The mondeo is a very rare car compared to the bmw. Theres not many st220's around at all and it will probably be far more reliable

Cheers

Burns a lot of petrol and very 90's if you ask me... Better bang for buck out there fella....

Cheers

Burns a lot of petrol and very 90's if you ask me... Better bang for buck out there fella....

I'm paying less than market value.... Alot.

Doesn't bother me if it's a gas guzzler either regardless of bang for buck. Its a nice car with a decent engine. All I really want to know if there's anything people would advise to look out for. :thumbs:

My old man has had one for around 5 years, never had any problems with it. Goes reasonably well although is only slightly less thirsty than the zed. Nice and comfy, main weaknesses from what I have seen/read is the dual mass flywheel and the rear bushes. On 90K now and still has no plans to get rid, bearing in mind most other cars he has owned are sold within a year.