Tyres

roy_watson

My original Bridgestones are close to needing replaced, I've had a search around the 370z specific forums to see if anyone has any experiences/recommendations for replacments but there doesnt seem to be too many topics around apart from Ebized's thread about putting Ultrac Sessantas on his.

Whilst i'm not on a particular budget, ideally i'd be looking for something around £250 - £300 a corner with potentially a bit more though if anyone has definite recommendations. My only real requirement is a tyre that runs quieter than the 'stones, Just having a quick browse around I spotted the Pirelli P Zero Rosso, does anyone have experience of them?

Any thoughts appreciated!

For that kind of budget I'd be looking at the Michelin Pilot SuperSports, best tyre available atm bar none. :thumbs:

They may be the best tyre available but as I have said before if you can let me know where I can buy the 245 x 19 x 40 Pilot Super Sports I would be very interested. I certainly would not put the nearest profile (35) on my 370 and potentially upset the handling. :thumbdown:

They may be the best tyre available but as I have said before if you can let me know where I can buy the 245 x 19 x 40 Pilot Super Sports I would be very interested. I certainly would not put the nearest profile (35) on my 370 and potentially upset the handling. :thumbdown:

I preferred 40's also on my old car (S2000) anything bigger was too squishy and squirmy and anything lower would have killed my back and teeth, but felt awesome on track.

Why, what's your concern about upsetting the handling or is it the ride that you're referring too ??

I preferred 40's also on my old car (S2000) anything bigger was too squishy and squirmy and anything lower would have killed my back and teeth, but felt awesome on track.

Why, what's your concern about upsetting the handling or is it the ride that you're referring too ??

Having comapred the two sizes the actual rolling diameter with 35's is over an inch less than the 40's. Now Nissan could have easily opted for the 35's on the front (like the 350's) but decided the 40's were necessary. So (1) I am not about to argue with their greater expertise on set-up and (2) I tried the 370 with 19" rims and 35 profiles and to me it was less predictable on the corners - nothing noticable in a straight line, but 40's remain my choice. Of course if other changes were being contemplated to the suspension/ride height/wheel size that may be a different matter.......

Ride was little different but aestheticlly the 35's were less pleasing with the wide gap around the arch.

Now if you have experienced a 370 on 35 front profiles please do share your findings :thumbs:

Now if you have experienced a 370 on 35 front profiles please do share your findings :thumbs:

No, I've not, I've not even driven one at all yet, I have a test drive booked next week, not sure what you mean by that :dry: .

On the S2000 Honda put 40's on the rear and 45's on the front, but besides the fact that the figure is worked out from a percentage of the tyre width anyway so it's not a clear indication of tyre wall size, the front walls are taller.

Some say that it gives a better warning of understeer and that having more flex in the fronts gives you a more progressive feel, like you say, other than just letting go.

I'd tend to agree.

What's the weight distribution in a 370Z ??

Goodyear's Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 (and the version 1 before it) always aced the big mag's tyre tests, usually followed by whatever the latest Michelin Pilot Sport was. Having used both the Goodyear's Eagle F1 Asymmetric (version 1 on my old Z4 M Coupe) and the version 2 (on my old Z4 sDrive35i), I can confirm that they're absolutely brilliant. Either would wipe the floor with the Bridgestones on the 370. I'm sure the Michelin's would too (they were a very popular choice on the Z4 M), although I know that they often have a reputation for more road noise than other options (possibly as a side effect of being relatively slow wearing), so I'd do a little research on that, seeing as the 370 can be a bit marginal in that sense already.

All of the above is assuming that the Goodyears and/or the Michelin's are even available for the 370! :blush:

Like R35LEE, though, I'll be tempted to swap for another pair of the Bridgestones when mine come to be replaced - the 370Z is so well sorted and pretty much won't let go in the dry on them, while the wet grip is pretty poor, so you can still have a challenge and a wrestle if you want it :drive1 Having the massive dry grip in the wet as well might be a tad boring, I wonder...

Don't know about the 370 brochures in the UK, but over here there are two tyre options listed, the Bridgestone Potenza, which personally on the 370 I find very noisy, and grip isn't enough same as when they put them on the 350's. :surrender: Anyway, the other option they list is the Yokohama Advan Sport V103. The V103 also has a very rigid sidewall, similar to the Potenza. V103 tyre noise is very minimal in comparison and grip levels even in the wet are great. Really got to give the tyres a hard time to get the VDC to light up.

No idea what the pricing would be like over there, but here they're at the higher end of the market here, but it is the only thing connecting you to the road!