trade value price

quick wheels

£3750 if your lucky... You will be amazed at how the market has changed... The px price now lets stealers make even more .... The forecourt prices are still 2.5k - 3k more than trade in...

Best of luck mate....

£3750 if your lucky... You will be amazed at how the market has changed... The px price now lets stealers make even more .... The forecourt prices are still 2.5k - 3k more than trade in...

Best of luck mate....

Bit low on the estimate fella :) i was thinking 5 at least!

Best of luck mate....

+1.... I don't know why people keep talking the prices down?

Best of luck mate....

+1.... I don't know why people keep talking the prices down?

Me neither!!!

Because it's an honest opinion? I suspect he only got the £6K on a trade in because the old 6-series are even less loved than the Zeds are right now, with their dire fuel economy and many bits to go wrong.

That said, I'd love a 650i, such a pretty car with a stunning soundtrack :cloud9:

I got my MY06 Z with 82K on the clock a few months ago and I know the dealer paid £6800 for it (obviously I paid more). I have noticed quite a few people on the forum putting the price of the Z down, I would have thought you would be looking at around £5.5 - 6K for yours if you shop around and trade it in at the right garages as I have had an offer from a garage for mine for the same amount I paid for it (£8500)

I got my MY06 Z with 82K on the clock a few months ago and I know the dealer paid £6800 for it (obviously I paid more). I have noticed quite a few people on the forum putting the price of the Z down, I would have thought you would be looking at around £5.5 - 6K for yours if you shop around and trade it in at the right garages as I have had an offer from a garage for mine for the same amount I paid for it (£8500)

seem to follow suit with my quote :)

Because it's an honest opinion? I suspect he only got the £6K on a trade in because the old 6-series are even less loved than the Zeds are right now, with their dire fuel economy and many bits to go wrong.

That said, I'd love a 650i, such a pretty car with a stunning soundtrack :cloud9:

What parts have you heard go wrong? heard they are quite robust!

I toyed with the idea of an M6 a couple of years back, but there's too many electronic gubbins on there that costs a small fortune to diagnose and repair for my taste. Spectacular if you have a warranty, slightly terrifying otherwise. I heard a couple of horror stories that was enough to put me off, can't remember specifically what they were referring to though.

Don't get me wrong, they're better put together than 99% of other cars out there and you'd be unlucky to get an issue, it's just when you do it's never cheap.

+1.

Dont mean to put the zed down.. every car has slumped in value when it comes to trade in.. The dealers ares atill keeping prices of the zed up for you who ever wish to sell.. There will always be a buyer..

Ive just completed sale of my Jaguar to buy a Zed... I sold the jag for 7250 and I had it up for 7450.. It was Immaculate and had 1/4 of the miles it should have for its age.. 31k on an 05..

Ok so I got offered 3.4k Tops time and time again against 04/03 350z's with 60k on the clock..

Now tell me Im putting you down... LOL

The Zed is a survivor and the traders will tell you this especialy ones that are straight and not crash damaged.. 90% of the ones I went to see were...

I think its all to do with what car your trading in against...

I got over £8k for mine (05, 57K) 12 months ago against a 335i from a BMW dealer because they just wanted the 335i shifted. At the same time the VW dealer offered £4.7k against a brand new Golf R that had a list price of £32k, he told me they had no incentive to sell Rs so wouldnt budge on the sticker price or px value. Than I had Renault/Ford dealers offering me £6-7k against Megane/Focus RS.

Enjoy the 6 series, they do look very comfy!!

"Ok so I got offered 3.4k Tops time and time again against 04/03 350z's with 60k on the clock." Seems a tiny bit low to me but not by much, remember the OP's is a year or two newer than that which does make quite a difference to the value. When I was looking to buy it was generally around £11-13K for an MY07 onwards, £9-11K for an MY06 and then down to £4K for an MY03. So if you traded an 03 in for £3.4K the dealer would probaly only be able to sell it for around £4k to £5K at a push and so when you think about it that's only a profit of between £600-£1600 bearing in mind they will probably have to pay for a service and MOT and anything else that is wrong with it (tyres, brakes, exhaust, suspension parts - all of which cost quite abit on the Z even for a dealer)

I toyed with the idea of an M6 a couple of years back,.

I looked at a nice one in a BMW garage on Sunday. 05 plate i think it was, up for £55k. I didnt realise how big they were. Massive cars!

With regards to the value of the zed. How long is a piece of string. I saw a 2004 roadster up for sale last week for £9999. And yet, the 313 2007 roadsters like mine seem to be around the £12k mark. 2004 coupe`s vary drastically from £5k upwards. Every seller seems to use a different number!!!

• 3 weeks later...

+1.

Dire fuel economy??? getting 2-3 mpg less than 350z....

+1.

Dont tell me you actually believe those bullshit economy figures? :lol:

How is a 5.0 V12 pulling around 2000KG going to get consumption anything like a 3.5 V6 pulling 1500? Trust me, 6 series are a scary prospect at the pumps, my old 740i used to use about 35% more fuel than the Zed and that was taking it easy.

Having worked for many different dealers over 6 years I can tell you the exact way they pull the crazy prices out of the sky (it seems)

dealerships and private trader/trader garages work differently

dealerships - 2 types premium and non

can they sell they car?

if yes then they will look at current selling prices of the 350z market and low ball you dependant on that. They may try to nick it to get a good profit. car would usually have to be under 6 years old and usually under 60k. They would also look at if they want it on the forecourt as most companies operate a 90 day turnaround policy otherwise the car is losing too much and off it goes to auction. And let's be honest selling a 350z is not an easy task.

If no (which if you are not buy the same marque of car then they will not sell it on there forecourt normally) then they will check auction prices, if the car is particularly nice then they will have a ring round the traders to get prices who will offer low ball prices because they want a quick turn around and as said before unless they are cheap the 350's don't have a quick turn around.

With an independent trader they have more of a free role. They will consider prices of similar 350's for sale and work out how much they want to give you for example this guy may have had a 350 that was considered to be worth 4500. The trader then looks at his stock he is selling you. the beemer may have been 15k selling price (just an example) but in total only cost him 12. He desperately wants out of the beemer so kills off some of his profits to fund the deal. A trader wheeler deals a bit more. As long as he makes a profit and turns over stock he doesn't care. But don't hesitate to believe you could have walked in there sold your 350 for 6k private and still got the 1500 knocked off because you could any indy trader will have 3-4k on a beemer like that because he may have to send it to auction which will cost him a fortune. (Some dealerships work like this also - when I worked at audi I saw cars with up to 10k profit on them)

All garages and traders work on profit margins their car has a cost and yours has a worth. The amount you get in as a trade in depends on the profit margins of the car you are buying. There are just separate ways of determining the value of yours. I have some tricks to get better deals from delearships if you are interested :) not going to post them on here though the trader mafia may send the boys round. The reason why trade in on the golf was bad because they have no profit margins to throw away on the r's. It the same with the s's and rs's at audi you usually struggle to get a deal on these unless they are desperate to turn stock over.

• 5 weeks later...

+1.

Dont tell me you actually believe those bullshit economy figures? :lol:

How is a 5.0 V12 pulling around 2000KG going to get consumption anything like a 3.5 V6 pulling 1500? Trust me, 6 series are a scary prospect at the pumps, my old 740i used to use about 35% more fuel than the Zed and that was taking it easy.

Trust me this is fact 645ci is getting 21 mpg used to get 24mpg 350z.

Having worked for many different dealers over 6 years I can tell you the exact way they pull the crazy prices out of the sky (it seems)

dealerships and private trader/trader garages work differently

dealerships - 2 types premium and non

can they sell they car?

if yes then they will look at current selling prices of the 350z market and low ball you dependant on that. They may try to nick it to get a good profit. car would usually have to be under 6 years old and usually under 60k. They would also look at if they want it on the forecourt as most companies operate a 90 day turnaround policy otherwise the car is losing too much and off it goes to auction. And let's be honest selling a 350z is not an easy task.

If no (which if you are not buy the same marque of car then they will not sell it on there forecourt normally) then they will check auction prices, if the car is particularly nice then they will have a ring round the traders to get prices who will offer low ball prices because they want a quick turn around and as said before unless they are cheap the 350's don't have a quick turn around.

With an independent trader they have more of a free role. They will consider prices of similar 350's for sale and work out how much they want to give you for example this guy may have had a 350 that was considered to be worth 4500. The trader then looks at his stock he is selling you. the beemer may have been 15k selling price (just an example) but in total only cost him 12. He desperately wants out of the beemer so kills off some of his profits to fund the deal. A trader wheeler deals a bit more. As long as he makes a profit and turns over stock he doesn't care. But don't hesitate to believe you could have walked in there sold your 350 for 6k private and still got the 1500 knocked off because you could any indy trader will have 3-4k on a beemer like that because he may have to send it to auction which will cost him a fortune. (Some dealerships work like this also - when I worked at audi I saw cars with up to 10k profit on them)

All garages and traders work on profit margins their car has a cost and yours has a worth. The amount you get in as a trade in depends on the profit margins of the car you are buying. There are just separate ways of determining the value of yours. I have some tricks to get better deals from delearships if you are interested :) not going to post them on here though the trader mafia may send the boys round. The reason why trade in on the golf was bad because they have no profit margins to throw away on the r's. It the same with the s's and rs's at audi you usually struggle to get a deal on these unless they are desperate to turn stock over.

thanks for the insight :thumbs: