Project JDM Fog Light - Update 8/6/13

This might be a marmite moment for some people but i like the idea so will see how it goes. Recently my JDM fog has died never worked great in first place any how i dont want a unnatural stuck on jobby for a foggy and i love the rear end of the 370z so got thinking could i incoroporate the two?? has it been done before??

the closest i could come to was a tommy kaira rear half except you would need tommy kaira exhaust i think aswell for it too work i currently dont have $6000 so that idea went out the window but looks ok

post-6786-135011923718_thumb.jpg

Edited by jumping350

Any how after bit of measuring etc from a friends 370z and seeing how keyser has done his rear bumper the cogs in my mind started turning so i went and searched for 370z that were being broken (theres in literally 2 i found)

so got these 2 items the inside top of rear bumper has been massacred luckily dont have to use it!

option 1 is cut diffuser out and bond to bumper

option 2 cut rear half of bumper (like tommy kaira) and bond and smooth to rear bottom half like keyser done

Main thing is diffuser exhaust holes are identical to the 350s so will work some how just got to figure it out

Getting a second bumper to do this on so can see how it turns out first

ive had a size up and although the 370 is wider theres few places along the bumper i can cut and blend in nicely ive had my friend who does bodywork have a gander and he seems to think wont be to hard may have to lower the exhaust a bit on washers or something from the mounts just so it sits right

• 4 weeks later...

after a bit of measuring and almost blinding myself with a dremel i ended up with the bottom half section to work away at till it sits flush against the bumper..not far off but still plenty of bits to hack off till i get there... going to plan for now though and isnt far off the tommy kaira version as it is

• 7 months later...

Been an epic long time since i updated this thread but life and many other things seem to be getting in the way with my modding so im trying to make 2013 better!!

Heres the stage im at with the bumper still bit more work to do on it but generally quite happy with how its turning out and looks as i hoped it would

Was a pain to get it to this stage but had some friends to help out when i was ready to hit myself with a hammer :bangin:

Also those stupid plastic things that need to be turned 90 degrees to release the rear bumper are stupid!

350370zdiffuser_zps22e29a42.jpg

I have aquired all the parts now including a dirt cheap 370z back box so just need hangers relocating and custom centre pipe and actually hit the lottery with fog light quite possibly the hardest part to aquire cheaply and was the whole point of the project but got one in the end with the housing and loom which is a result :thumbs:

Still very rough around the edges but she fits !!!!

Bit upset i loose my square plate now

IMAG0570_zps18f259a9.jpg

Edited by jumping350

• 3 months later...

another overdue update! I had to fill in the diffuser line as was about to throw something through the window as couldn't blend it without it looking uber f****d! Never done so much sanding in my life, nearly done just a few rough bits to sort out then off to Brooklands to be finished, will line out the diffuser and spray it black and the rest of bumper blade silver. Was told today by friend its the most elaborate fog light installation he's seen :lol: here it is.....nearly there WP_20130607_002_zps18ab8e8a.jpg

also managed to find a bit of time and refurb/respray my Rotas, please excuse lack of centre cap and grubby nuts :lol: temporary fix till my new wheels arrive, also resprayed rear spoiler which was also a mission!! WP_20130603_002_zps5f48a64f.jpg

Edited by jumping350