Hi I'm new!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the fantastic welcome messages, folks! :D Such a friendly forum, I think I'm gonna feel right at home here!

twobears: Thanks for the name compliment..I'm pretty attached to it now....considering I've had it nearly 34 years ;)

I'm pretty sure now that this is a non-GT car...sorry that the link doesn't work anymore..as I've paid a deposit on the car, the dealership has withdrawn it for sale so it no longer shows up in searches...

Bear with me and I will try and pop the pics up here for the definitive answer on what it is!

Hannah x

Thanks guys!!

I'm really excited...going to test drive tomorrow (the car is actually in LEEDS!, so a looong trip up from MK!) and then if all is well, I'll be picking up on friday morning :D

So, the car was registered in 2007(57 reg) has done almost 54,000 miles...and from what I can see, looks in pretty good nick.

Are there any majot bits and bobs that I should be on the look out for in a car of this age/mileage? ie things that might go wrong and end up costing me the earth? Any well-documented faults that might be evident? I'm terrified of buying something thats going to need vast amounts of money thrown at it just to keep it on the road...I've been stung before, and not in a huge hurry to repeat that experience, lol!

Obviously I'll make sure it has a full service history (check the stamps, etc)...and will be wanting some sort of warranty, although I'm not being too unrealistic, as it is a used car and the garage I'm buying it from isnt a Nissan dealership.

Fingers firmly crossed that it all checks out and I'm able to bring him (sorry! I'm a girl, so all my cars have been boys! wrong I know!!) back on friday! :D

Hannah x

Oh, regarding the seats...yes...I was trying to find a photo of what the standard (ie, non GT..velour) seats look like, for comparison purposes....and failed! Has anyone got a non GT late reg car?

From the link to the brochure that roadtrip kindly put up, it does look more like the Frost Grey leather, rather than the Carbon Cloth (non-leather).

I will give you the definative answer tomorrow once I've actually sat in it! hehe! :lol:

:teeth: Hope it does turn out to have leather seats then...as it is, I think I'm getting a total bargain as they are giving me nearly 6.5k part-ex for a 1.3 diesel corsa..lmao!

Not a total noob to performance cars..although this is a big step up from my 2.0l FTO..and a huge leap from the faithful Corsa!

Hannah x

Sorry if I am going off topic (I'm new and don't really know what that means!)

I'm up in Leeds now and have just test-driven the Zed!! What can I say!? Awesome, Awesome AWESOME!!! :D

It's a non GT, it actually has the black carbon cloth ones, no cruise control and just the normal stereo system. No sat-nav either. However, I'm still in love and still think I'm getting a bargain, purely because it's in such good nick, and importantly, in the colour that I want!!

Trying to wangle a full or at least half full tank of fuel out of the dealership at the mo!

Wish me luck!

Will update with pics tonight once I'm home.

Officially ON for a Friday morning collection now! How I'm gonna sleep on Thursday night is any ones guess :D

Hannah x x

<<

Not making any promises I can't keep though! :D

I'm slightly disappointed that it didn't have the leather interior...but wondered how many night blue 313s are about with the carbon cloth? Have only seen mine so far...surely there must be more!? Perhaps its rarer to have the non-leather, pmsl! (or maybe I'll just convince myself of that to make me feel better..lol!)

Hannah x